Pembroke Imperials

Pembroke was on the field through the '82 season, and they had some fine corps in the early 70s.

My first year with the Manville Sacred Heart Crusaders.... 1971...... we stayed with members of the Imperials (at those members' homes) when we went to the World Open that year. Later that summer, the Imperials members stayed with us when they came to our home show in Manville. They were good people.

Also, 1975-76, around that time, we saw the Imperials at an Eastern States circuit show or two. I remember they had a great baritone line.... only something like eight or nine bari players, but man, they put out some serious sound.

Fran

Looks to me like that end snare on the right is Jim Cuniff, also of Reveries and 27th fame !

I was told he also marched with the Watertown Cadets.

Bambi says hi b**bs

Joe Bananas is coming to the Fenway Theater to see DCI quarterfinals.

Sorry, but I'll be home in East Boston with John S. sorting my newspapers that day. How many horns ya got?

Sorry, but I'll be home in East Boston with John S. sorting my newspapers that day. How many horns ya got?

OMG OMG OMG - is that a picture of Rip Chord? Is that soul still alive? Wow a BAC supporter if there ever was one.

OMG OMG OMG - is that a picture of Rip Chord? Is that soul still alive? Wow a BAC supporter if there ever was one.

It is I! Now that I'm an honorary Boston Crusader, when will John S. make me an honorary Pembroke Imperial?

• 3 weeks later...
It is I! Now that I'm an honorary Boston Crusader, when will John S. make me an honorary Pembroke Imperial?

Joe, You are hereby granted the esteemed distinction of Honorary Imperial! I think, maybe, you are the first one!

If only the T extended down as far as Pembroke you might then be sited on its bucolic roads, carrying your bags in a bag and wearing your winter jacket in July. We shall also dedicate our performance at the 2007 minicorps show in Rochester to you.

It's nice to have others speak on here about the Imperials. It's nice that someone mentioned Sully. Sully had the kind of passion that was rare and it is my belief that he had the vision, the capability and the talent to make the right staffing decisions and teach in a way which brought the Imperials out of obscurity and into national prominence. Just before he died, we were in the process of re-organization and he was so supporive. He gave money but more importantly, he never spoke to us as if what we were doing was a pipe dream. His moral support allowed us to take the first step. That is, to believe it's possible.

John S.

http://www.pembrokeimperials.org

Edited by Imperial

Joe:

It is so great to see you. I saw you at the Spring Fling for Boston, and congrats on your BAC Membership. Rightly deserved.

I remember arriving at "The Appleseed Contest" and the "Drums in the Night" in Fitchburg, and we would see your smiling face as the

Brush Hill Buses of the Boston Crusaders were be directed by you to the proper parking area. How did you get there?

I am glad that Pembroke Imperials have made you and "Imperial"

Living in the town of Pembroke, and a former member of BAC, I salute you!!!!

To "Old Dorchester Guy" who ever you maybe, you certainly know your drum corps history pre DCI.

To think how hard BAC, SKEK, CABS, worked to win the VFW and AL, but like it is today politics were involved.

Just remember "Money Talks, and B--- S--- walks!!!!!

Maybe we could all meet at The Erie and enjoy a cold one.

As a good friend of mine from Atlanta, Ga. has said, "WE ARE NOT HERE FOR A LONG TIME, SO LET'S HAVE A GOOD TIME"!!!!

Just thinking of the good old days!!!!!!!

CODI

If only the T extended down as far as Pembroke you might then be sited on its bucolic roads, carrying your bags in a bag and wearing your winter jacket in July. We shall also dedicate our performance at the 2007 minicorps show in Rochester to you.

John,

I can take the commuter rail to here and then you can drive me. Or would you rather I take the no_image.gif to Halifax and walk?

- Joey B.

• 14 years later...
On 7/23/2007 at 8:19 PM, CODI said:

Yes, Sully was our Drum instructor early 1970s  I was in the Horn section,played French Horn, Dorchester Guy:

You must be an old buzzard to remember this corps. If I remember correctely "Sully" was their drum instructor for years. I believe he marched in the Braintree Warriors.

Also, they played some great Stan Kenton music during those years.

Living in the town of Pembroke, I get to see them in our parades and see a lot of old faces.

Maybe we should get together and meet and have a few beers.

I bet you don't live far for one of Dorchester's fav. spots. The Erie Pub. The "Erie" has been visited by Pres. Clinton, needless to say he had to have a beer,

and Pres. Regan, always looking for a cold one.

It was one of my fav. spots, with a lot of good drum corps people. Drum Corps People who knew what D. C. was all about.

Hope the Imperials keep up the good work.

CODI