Wildwood Review...

I was there, but cannot write a review. No musical skills, and in many cases don't know what pieces of music I was listening to. It was my impression though that the D-3s present had all brought their programs forward from the past two seasons, that I enjoyed the Raiders Brass book, but they have a very challenging show for their Guard, Spartans were very balanced, and Surf was LOUD. It was their homeshow, and it was easy to sense the excitement. I'm sure they didn't disappoint the fans, friends and families. I will also say that the weather and field was perfect. Awesome conditions for the marching members. The facilities are lacking from a fan's point of view, BUT (big but) this is a work in progress and no doubt will be ready and much improved for next season's show. Don't stay away from this show.

I was there, but cannot write a review. No musical skills, and in many cases don't know what pieces of music I was listening to. It was my impression though that the D-3s present had all brought their programs forward from the past two seasons, that I enjoyed the Raiders Brass book, but they have a very challenging show for their Guard, Spartans were very balanced, and Surf was LOUD. It was their homeshow, and it was easy to sense the excitement. I'm sure they didn't disappoint the fans, friends and families. I will also say that the weather and field was perfect. Awesome conditions for the marching members. The facilities are lacking from a fan's point of view, BUT (big but) this is a work in progress and no doubt will be ready and much improved for next season's show. Don't stay away from this show.

I am shocked that there were not really any reviews of this show, Especially given the Div II show down

I am new at this so bare with me:

First of all what a beautiful night for Drum Corps. It was nice to have bleachers this year, even though they were incomplete and they had a lift for the judges. field looked to be in good shape. Show started a half hour late due to traffic congestion for many of those coming to the show

7th Regiment: Saw them in Bristol a couple of weeks ago. Very nice improvement

Citations: Very nice complete look about them. they were thinking about the details with in thier show and trying to give the audience the latin feel

Targets: did not see

Spirit of Newark/New Jersey: Saw them last year. what an improvement

Division II:

Raiders: I love WSS and they did an admirable job. they let the music be their vehicle and not the story line. I think some of the guard work was a little over written for them, especially in the saber section. Sometimes simpler can be just as good if not more effective

Spartans: Nice show. Very clean. Very well thought out package. would like to see this in a higher venue (oh I will in Pasadena). Show seems a little monotone throughout and could use a little more music dynamics

Surf: Loud Loud Loud They grab you right from the beginning with a near Div I impact. the large guard is very talented and placed well throughout the show. guard needs to be a little cleaner as does the marching.

Div II is going to be very interesting, especially when these groups meet up with the west coast.

All participants should be pleased with what they did at this show, Hopefully I did not offend anyone and people enjoy this simple, brief review B)

Edited by mrb

I am shocked that there were not really any reviews of this show, Especially given the Div II show down

I am new at this so bare with me:

First of all what a beautiful night for Drum Corps. It was nice to have bleachers this year, even though they were incomplete and they had a lift for the judges. field looked to be in good shape. Show started a half hour late due to traffic congestion for many of those coming to the show

7th Regiment: Saw them in Bristol a couple of weeks ago. Very nice improvement

Citations: Very nice complete look about them. they were thinking about the details with in thier show and trying to give the audience the latin feel

Targets: did not see

Spirit of Newark/New Jersey: Saw them last year. what an improvement

Division II:

Raiders: I love WSS and they did an admirable job. they let the music be their vehicle and not the story line. I think some of the guard work was a little over written for them, especially in the saber section. Sometimes simpler can be just as good if not more effective

Spartans: Nice show. Very clean. Very well thought out package. would like to see this in a higher venue (oh I will in Pasadena). Show seems a little monotone throughout and could use a little more music dynamics

Surf: Loud Loud Loud They grab you right from the beginning with a near Div I impact. the large guard is very talented and placed well throughout the show. guard needs to be a little cleaner as does the marching.

Div II is going to be very interesting, especially when these groups meet up with the west coast.

All participants should be pleased with what they did at this show, Hopefully I did not offend anyone and people enjoy this simple, brief review B)

Get to see Surf and I think Citations in Spokane, WA this friday.......... What a ride from the east coast to the pacific northwest!!!