SCVsopAaron's blunt review of SA...

Never did I hear a dip in volume in these sections though.... :worthy:

Fair enough, you may be right, but we have to have something to talk about in these forums. I had a hypothesis and a legit reference so I think I'll still hold out for the "horse's mouth," so to speak. But thanks for the interesting conversation, though.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it is a big deal. Amplifying brass instruments is not allowed under the current rule system. We went through great pains last year with amy the singer to avoid any brass instrument feeding into her mic. I assume the corps is doing the same this year.

I would hope so. Horn sound picked up in that manner would have some balance & blend issues....

Ah thanks. I was looking on their website and didn't even fnid a mention of Yamaha.

I remembering hearing about the Yamaha thing during the off season. I thought it would cause their sound to turn "edging".....guess I was wrong!!!! :lookaround:

I remembering hearing about the Yamaha thing during the off season. I thought it would cause their sound to turn "edging".....guess I was wrong!!!! :lookaround:

I too was affraid of this and was very happy when I heard them up close. Donnie mentioned that the quality of horns has increased quite a bit in the past couple of years. Low brass is still an issue in my opinion and I still think the King is superior in this department. It's too bad hornlines can't mix and match between brands so they can utilize the strengths of each.

ha ha...guilty as charged...maybe that's the whole problem. apparently the yamaha euphs suck. therefore, no euphs in yamaha lines (except crown).

Actually, I believe I've seen euphs in all of the Yamaha lines except for the Cavaliers. I heard that the Cavaliers tried them in the spring last year and didn't like them, sticking with all baris, but I'm pretty sure that at least almost all of the other Yamaha lines use euphs...

Actually, I believe I've seen euphs in all of the Yamaha lines except for the Cavaliers. I heard that the Cavaliers tried them in the spring last year and didn't like them, sticking with all baris, but I'm pretty sure that at least almost all of the other Yamaha lines use euphs...

Cadets tried yamaha euphs in 04, and 05, and hated them. All bari now...