CADETS GUARD SCORES

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other guards are also really good this year.

Phantom's guard has made steady improvements the last couple years. At Westminster I thought they were a lot stronger than the same time the previous year.

SCV's is doing well (haven't seen them myself)

And Crown's guard has been one of the corps strongest links for several years. They just keep getting better.

Exactly, I never meant to mean anyone was getting shafted, but as you know in the past, The Guard normally was not coming in 5th-7th. I know there are many good guards out there, I have not seen The Cadets Live thus far, so Im trying to figure out why they are placing Low, its not like them normally to place 5th-7th. What needs to be done to get them into the Top Three Guards???

When you go accross the Recap Sheets, its so surprising to see the placement of the Guard, I dont think Ive seen that sort of placement in years!! If they raise that score up 1.0 to 1.5, their overall score will place them firmly in 1st Place!!!

So, someone who has seen them live, tell me what is wrong!!!

I really believe that the other poster had it right. Other guards are just cleaner and stronger than them right now.

nope. They did this thing called AGING out. Last year had a ton of vets.

Oh, guess I was wrong then, thanks for clearing that up

I guess their guard is just on a decline overall then, if they had all these vets in the guard last year yet were still a full point back in gurad at finals (5th place and only .2 up on Blue Knights guard) it appears their entire guard program is in rapid declined since 2005

I wonder if it’s the staff or the talent the is killing off Cadets guard

Nothing really seemed to 'wow' me with their guard work as they have done with me in the past. Maybe its just because I felt the show as a whole was a disappointment, I dunno. But I think other guards are just very strong this year as other posters are noting. Crown has repeatedly had a strong guard the past several seasons and that trend has continued in a huge way this year. Phantom's guard, which a few years ago was scoring at the bottom of the Top 12, is now scoring in the top 5 consistantly. Cavies and Blue Devils are maintaining their high scores and Bluecoats are right up there too. All and all, I just think there are that many great guards this season and they can't all finish in the top 3.

Kudos to the judges this year in all captions really for scoring how they see fit...a corp might finish 3rd overall, but their caption scores range from 1st to 6th...its great!

Spirit of Atlanta's guard won two Guard trophies in the 80's:

I have not seen the Cadets live this year, so perhaps you can fill me in. Every time I see a Recap Sheet, The Cadets Guard is scoring a point lower than they normally do. Cadets in the past have been known for their Guards, and they are being placed 5-7th this year. If they just had that extra point they would normally have, they would have almost won every show this season.

Why are the being scored out of the Top Three?? Is it a cleaning problem, a difficulty problem??? If they get that guard score where it normally would be, no one is going to beat them!!!! Someone tell me why they are down a good point from where they usually are!!!

Paul Gager

Houston Texas

Garfield 78-82

Cadets of Bergen County 93-2001/07

lol i dunno

I have not seen the Cadets live this year, so perhaps you can fill me in. Every time I see a Recap Sheet, The Cadets Guard is scoring a point lower than they normally do. Cadets in the past have been known for their Guards, and they are being placed 5-7th this year. If they just had that extra point they would normally have, they would have almost won every show this season.

Why are the being scored out of the Top Three?? Is it a cleaning problem, a difficulty problem??? If they get that guard score where it normally would be, no one is going to beat them!!!! Someone tell me why they are down a good point from where they usually are!!!

Paul Gager

Houston Texas

Garfield 78-82

Cadets of Bergen County 93-2001/07

Paul,

It seems to me, in my opinion, the guard is very young and the work that they have/had when I saw them last in Allentown was realy light in content and demand. I also dont like their visual package , its not as tight and defined as in previous years, neither was their technique, even being compared to July of other years.

It really easnt a question of execution per se', it just seems the design, content, and effect of the repetoire is lacking that extra sophistication and intensity you are used to in April Gilligan colorguards.

I didnt notice lots of ensemble work either, which I feel Cadets excel at.

~G~