Crown's "Photo Finish"...

Crown's photo finish  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Did you notice and understand the 'photo finish' at the end of Crown's show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Other??? Added just in case. Please explain.)

The design team either just isn't aware that by doing this they are virtually destroying the show for thousands of fans, or they just don't care.

Jordan, I highly doubt one little line of narration would destroy this amazing show for thousands of fans. . .although you saying so sure does make your point sound better and mroe important.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: Apparently a suave sense of humor escapes the mods and the Forum Support Team. Oops. Edited to comply with political correctness so as to not come across as *ahem* offensive.

The guys at Crown have INFINITELY more experience in the DC realm than you. <Edit: And probably quite a bit more concern for not offending people than me.>

One name: Donnie Van Doren.

Two corps in the top 6: Star and Crown.

One more on the cusp of finals: Blue Stars (consultant).

I have no dog in any of those hunts, but I know greatness when it's reputation precedes it. <Edit: We would all> do well to learn the same.

Edited by silvertrombone

Put the horses in pizza costumes, and they can combine the effect of both horse racing and attending a major league baseball game (make it sausages for games at Miller Park).

But adding any voiceover to the proceedings would be totally unnecessary and hopelessly literal in that BOA/WGI way. The fun of the bit is lost if you have to hammer the audience on the head up front with what's gonna take place.

Silvertrombone, you said it all! Donnie Van Doren is the man! Some people just enjoy bashing great ideas & creativity, it's kind of sad.

Go Crown! You have so many fans that are behind you all the way to Pasadena.

The design team either just isn't aware that by doing this they are virtually destroying the show for thousands of fans, or they just don't care.

destroyed for thousands? that's mighty presumptuous

Jordan, I highly doubt one little line of narration would destroy this amazing show for thousands of fans. . .although you saying so sure does make your point sound better and mroe important.

The narration isn't just one little line, its throughout a part of the closer. But then again, one word of narration is just as bad, if not worse, as narration throughout the entire show.

The guys at Crown have INFINITELY more experience in the DC realm than you. <Edit: And probably quite a bit more concern for not offending people than me.>

Experience isn't necessary for knowing the effect narration has on a show. Sorry!

The narration isn't just one little line, its throughout a part of the closer. But then again, one word of narration is just as bad, if not worse, as narration throughout the entire show.

Why would one word of narration be worse than narration throughout an entire show?

I would love to hear it with narration. Could be cool.

Why would one word of narration be worse than narration throughout an entire show?

First of all, it doesn't matter how much narration is used. It's the fact that narration is used as opposed to forgone.

One word is worse but the show is that much closer to being a purely music and marching show.