New Cavies Closer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Scenes From an Italian Restaurant.

Of which "The Ballad of Brenda and Eddie" is a major part and was originally supposed to be a song by itself.

Billy Joel does a great job explaining how Italian Restaurant evolved on disc 4 of his greatest hits compilation. Disc 4 was made during his "I'm going to teach you about the music business" tour and features Joel answering audience questions about his music.

I have to admit, I always thought he was singing about Brenda Rinedi for some reason. :P

All the little hints at Billy Joel songs, the Kaledoscope drill, everything.

This closer just let's the Cavies explore the more pop insanity-esque Billy Joel moments without really making the show chessy, and it comes off spectacular.

I heard Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, We Didn't Start the Fire, and I can't remember what that other song was called! Does anyone know?

For the people who have said that the Cavies have never appealed to the fans, does this show make you say that they finally have produced a fan-friendly show? Because, I think that most people have "Underdog Syndrome".

nice avatar, the last enemy to be vanquished is the blue devils

New ending? :beer: I thought it was the same from SA just abt.

Good? :doh: It still comes on really quick for me. They go thru a bunch of really awesoem son quotes, mash into a block, and do similar chords to the frameworks series and rush the side line <**>

I want something mooorrreeee

well gee sorry i heard they wanted to do alot a drill around a door but that idea had apparently already been taken.

well gee sorry i heard they wanted to do alot a drill around a door but that idea had apparently already been taken.

Wow. . .real mature. You can't take someone being slightly critical of a corps you like so you say something about the corps they marched with. Sad.

:beer:

Thank you.

New ending? :worthy: I thought it was the same from SA just abt.

Good? :beer: It still comes on really quick for me. They go thru a bunch of really awesoem son quotes, mash into a block, and do similar chords to the frameworks series and rush the side line <**>

I want something mooorrreeee

Like what, a door?

Maybe a vocalist?

How about drummers with mikes?

:doh:

:P

Cavaliers usually have tremendous finishes to their programs (last year's rocked!) but this summer they are leaving me a little flat - especially in regards to brass impact

Last year's finale, at this stage in the season, was still a little flat. It didn't really lock in until Finals week. The new ending is already significantly improved from its debut last week, and should continue to build in confidence and scope over the next few weeks.

They're still very much in it, imho.

Edited by mobrien

Like what, a door?

Maybe a vocalist?

How about drummers with mikes?

:laugh:

:P

It wasnt enough to make this joke in poor taste, but you had to make it right after someone else did. If you're going to make an irrelevent and unfunny joke, at least try to be original... :laugh:

Edited by euponitone

It wasnt enough to make this joke in poor taste, but you had to make it right after someone else did. If you're going to make an irrelevent and unfunny joke, at least try to be original... :laugh:

Hadn't noticed that other post, but if the shoe fits...

And, it was a joke sure...but I don't see what's in poor taste about it.

Did I say his corps sucked?

Did I not throw in :P ?

That kid has a lot to say about other corps...why would his own group be somehow sacred?

(oh, I do think the singer was "in poor taste" though, but that's just me)

Irrelevant and unfunny...well, unfunny to you probably. As far as irrelevant...didn't he straight up write "I want more"? Well, I'm interested to know what HIS (and your) group put out there that was somehow "more".

Edited by DaveH