Indianapolis, IN - July 28, 2007

Oh you mean the "friendly natives" who, every time we stopped and asked for directions or other help did everything they could to not make eye contact and ignore us? You mean the same "friendly natives" who, at 2am, despite the obvious fatigue of weary travelers (and as evidenced by the same cars we were following around, everybody got the same treatment) made no attempt (even if it had been futile) to help find a resolution to the danger of driving while overly-fatigued. Even a little empathy would have been welcome but that couldn't be mustered, either, it appears.

Those "friendly natives?"

Then again, if that's your standard for friendly, I can see why you would think Indy totally rocks. :grouphug:

And before you get up in arms about this being a "me vs you" thing, take the Indy colored glasses off for just a moment, step back and notice that you're probably the ONLY one (and Boo doesn't count) defending this midwestern armpit.

You can keep your friendly natives, thanks.

Stef

Hey Stef, in the spirit of true Hoosier hospitality, I am really sorry that we were not well-represented, wherever the heck you were in Indiana, but if you are brave enough to give it another try, I'll be happy to show you around our amazing city and introduce you to some very welcoming folks. If you'd rather say home... well, I guess we'll have to catch you in another 10 yrs. I'll overlook the "armpit" comment, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the "ONLY one" (besides Michael Boo). I'm an east coast native, (more recently relo. to the midwest) and I'd take Indy to any big east coast city any day of the week!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stef, in the spirit of true Hoosier hospitality, I am really sorry that we were not well-represented, wherever the heck you were in Indiana, but if you are brave enough to give it another try, I'll be happy to show you around our amazing city and introduce you to some very welcoming folks. If you'd rather say home... well, I guess we'll have to catch you in another 10 yrs. I'll overlook the "armpit" comment, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the "ONLY one" (besides Michael Boo). I'm an east coast native, (more recently relo. to the midwest) and I'd take Indy to any big east coast city any day of the week!

:) Much obliged, mom!

When we do eventually decide to head down for finals (and as I've said, I'm sure we will at some point), I'll be sure to let you know!

Thanks!