Indianapolis, IN - July 28, 2007

Why are you hating on my home and beloved city...JENNIFO??? :P

hahaha.. CAUSE I CAN!!

Maybe if you had been one of the people we met along the way, the experience wouldn't have been quite so bad...

then again.... :diva:

Stef

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best I've read this year. Great job Stef and Mike! :)

then again.... :diva:

Stef

w/Stp: :P

Thank you for writing a review. However, I found many of your comments about the city and some of it's residents to be rude and unnecessary. I know you were going for humor (I'm pretty sure, at least...) and you have a right to say whatever you want about whomever you want. To each his/her own, I guess...

Well, you expressed what this Illinois transplant to Indiana was feeling. Yes, I-65 between Indy and Chicago is the reason CD players were put in cars. There are tons of hotels around Lebanon and Lafayette (they handle the flow for Purdue games), but I don't know the availability when there is a major event such as the Brickyard 400. I'm impressed with Indianapolis more every time I visit the place. I couldln't say that 20 years ago. So much has happened there the past few years it's mind boggling. Personally, I haven't run into the type of people that were referred to in the review, and I still feel Indianapolis is going to be an incredible city to host the DCI SUMMER MUSIC GAMES World Championships.

Come back, Stef, but make hotel reservations first if you're driving on a weekend there's a huge event going on in the area. (Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, Colts games, Gen-Con...)

Edited by Michael Boo

Come back, Stef, but make hotel reservations first if you're driving on a weekend there's a huge event going on in the area. (Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, Colts games, Gen-Con...

...Beer Can Collectors of America Canvention, Tractor Pull League regional competition, Future Weathermen of America meeting, opening of the Dan Quayle Museum... B)

Edited by mobrien

Hey...I'm a huge fan of Indy and look forward to the DCI Finals there but it could have been alot worse Saturday night...You could have been mugged like Rusty Wallace of Nascar Fame's son. He was mugged in Indy coming out of a convenience store...

Nice Job Indianapolis. Maybe they could clean up the crime a little.

Hey...I'm a huge fan of Indy and look forward to the DCI Finals there but it could have been alot worse Saturday night...You could have been mugged like Rusty Wallace of Nascar Fame's son. He was mugged in Indy coming out of a convenience store...

Nice Job Indianapolis. Maybe they could clean up the crime a little.

All major cities/metro areas are going to have some crime. In a tourist area there's always someone waiting to take advantage. Sad but true.

Use common sense and follow traditional crime prevention methods.

Keep stuff in your trunk out of sight.

Don't open purses or wallets until you're in the store ready to pay.

NEVER give money to beggers (it's almost always used for drugs)

Have your keys in your hand before you get to your car.

Be aware of your surroundings.

ETC.

Edited by shawn craig

All major cities/metro areas are going to have some crime. In a tourist area there's always someone waiting to take advantage. Sad but true.

Use common sense and follow traditional crime prevention methods.

Keep stuff in your trunk out of sight.

Don't open purses or wallets until you're in the store ready to pay.

NEVER give money to beggers (it's almost always used for drugs)

Have your keys in your hand before you get to your car.

Be aware of your surroundings.

ETC.

For the record (and I'm definitely not comparing Indy to Chicago), I've lived here for going on 10 years now. While this is all good advice, I have never once seen a sign that instructed such things in Chicago as I saw repeatedly in Indianapolis. (so. not. kidding.)

Why the difference from there to here? When I first came to Chicago and walked around as a tourist with a map in my hand, everytime I had stopped on a corner with a puzzled look on my face, some stranger would stop and ask if I needed help finding my way. Every time! I've had sourpuss experiences in Chicago and elsewhere as well but the ratio of sourpuss experience was far higher when travelling through Indiana. I'm surprised and not quite sure I understand why.

Also not sure I want to know as I don't plan to be spending any quality time there in the future.

Mav, I'm SO glad you're not moving there afterall! It would have KILLED me to come visit!

Stef

...Beer Can Collectors of America Canvention, Tractor Pull League regional competition, Future Weathermen of America meeting, opening of the Dan Quayle Museum... B)

The Dan Quayle Museum opened in Huntington several years ago. I've been there. (How could one resist when in town?) One of his college football jerseys was framed in the men's room. Note that the website states they cannot forward autograph requests.

For someone from Illinois, the drive on 65 shouldn't be all that bad. I'd choose 65 over 39 any day of the year!!! Great review though!