DCI Stanford Webcast

That's what I understand...its gonna be a late one for us east coasters. :)

Thanks. Wow, I need to put some espresso on tonight. But I am excited for the show.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep..show kicks off at 6:30 local

As for the encore fortunately I don't really care...once the last score's announced that's the end of the line for me

I agree, by the time the encore hits I will be sleeping in my chair. It would be different if I was there live, but here in Ohio at 1:00 AM or later I am way past my bed time.

Should be a great shootout. Cadets have been hot judging from their scores, and they seem to be putting that "clean" on their show that we generally see from them when they are in the running for the title. Wish I had seen them more recently, but narration aside I do know they are incredible performers.

However, BD has not competed in a while and they have technically been the front-runners most of the season. It will be interesting to see if the Cadets have really moved past them or if BD is still on top, and by how much.

Our beloved Ohio corps, the Bluecoats, will certainly push these two corps to the brink. I would like to see us regain the top spot in the brass caption, and boy if our guard can clean and nail their show (as I know they can) I think BLOOO may very well become a dark-horse for next weekend. I keep saying to myself that the GE in this show has to start hitting on all cylinders. The show is just so well designed.

And has SCV caught up to BLOOO any, or will there be a point or so difference there?

I am also anxious to here about crowd reaction. I really hope we get some excellent review of this show.

JW

This is a HUGE showdown tonight - Cadets vs BD - and many other great corps in the mix

First show-down of these two since SA

Even Hopkins knows it's a big deal

We are at Saratoga HS today! Good facility.

We are rehearsing pretty hard, as we tend to do.

Marching -- 2.5 hours ... Sectionals --- 2, and ensemble ... 1:15

There is no denying this ia a big one .... big night! Time to see where we all are ...

and in the world of competition ... since we have not beaten the BD yet ... It may be our responsibility to kick this one in the teeth! We need a grand performance and frankly, I think we are going to get one.

http://www.yea.org/site/PageServer?pagename=hopblog

Here's the line up:

(Pacific Times)

7:15 p.m. 1. Mandarins

7:32 p.m. 2. Cascades

7:49 p.m. 3. Troopers

8:06 p.m. 4. Crossmen

8:23 p.m. 5. Glassmen

Intermission (20 minutes)

9:00 p.m. 6. Santa Clara Vanguard

9:17 p.m. 7. Blue Knights

9:34 p.m. 8. Bluecoats

9:51 p.m. 9. The Cadets

10:08 p.m. 10. Blue Devils

Bluecoats get to go on pretty late - we'll get to see how close they are to BD & Cadets

Will Coat's win high brass?

Will Cadet's beat BD?

How close will SCV be to Coats?

How close will Crossmen be to Glassmen??

GREAT stories on the competitive side tonight - can't wait to see the webcast and how all this plays out :)

Well good night folks. I plan to get up and watch this in the morning. SCV will be on at 5am here. Adios. :huh2:

http://www.dci.org/schedule/detail.cfm?eve...b2-82f14c0f9811

You just have to be a gold level(free) member to watch the webcast. You just purchase it as a pay-per-view.

I just purchased the pay per view. That link is just a main page for the Stanford show. Is that where we're supposed to be? Maybe you just have to wait for it to start? I don't see anything that says to log in to watch the pay per view. Rather clueless here.

Nevermind. I just read it and we need to wait until start time to log in.

Edited by EuphoniMom