Longest Unbeaten Streak ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn needs to put a "history of DCA" page on the DCA website, including how it began and the past champions. There's very little right now. :(

Now, this is an excellent suggestion ... the original DCN articles on the formation of DCA can be found on NanciD's Historical Site and a link could be provided to the DCA Championship scoring history on corpsreps.com

Wadda ya say Glen? Got time for some updates when the season is over?

Andy

I've always wanted to see a detailed page for each corps similar to what DCI used to have before the upgrade. Contact info and a brief history and some stats. I'd even be willing to help design it.

Actually, the Cabs unbeaten streak ended at the first show in 1986 at Hershey. It was quite an honor to be in Steel City that year and end the Cabs impressive run.

I can’t answer for the 70’s but the Cabs had won 33 shows between 1984 and 1986 we tied in prelims for first with the Steel City going for a three pete and came in third in the finals. End of streak

But you are right back in the 70’s it was not uncommon to have between 18 and 25 contests the first contest would be Memorial Day weekend and they had a number of Saturday & Sunday shows.

There is lots of pressure going undefeated your always looking over your shoulder.

Actually, the Cabs unbeaten streak ended at the first show in 1986 at Hershey. It was quite an honor to be in Steel City that year and end the Cabs impressive run.

Your correct Dan....

Now, this is an excellent suggestion ... the original DCN articles on the formation of DCA can be found on NanciD's Historical Site and a link could be provided to the DCA Championship scoring history on corpsreps.com

Wadda ya say Glen? Got time for some updates when the season is over?

Andy

Yeah, no hurry on that. Do it when there is downtime. DCA will be busy for weeks after Rochester.

Interesting question. For all 46 wins, I try to remember back to 99 and I can think of around 25 people that marched through the 46. Most people who composed our core of members arrived in 2000 or 2001, or some people left a year for junior corps and came back. All in all I would say that around 60 members marched from 30 to 35 of those shows.

Of the 25 members that won all 46, only 6 are marching Brigs this season. :)

Very Nice. Any Contra Player would be proud to march in that line. b**bs b**bs ^0^

I am both proud, and humbled to say I marched all 46 wins with such great drum corps people. And, I "believe" the 2002 Brigadiers swept every caption at every regular season show.

The win streak was great. The four consecutive Championships was great. The season "caption sweep" was great.

But, the best part was the people !!!

The Stealthmen have yet to lose..EVER!!!!!!

just saying.