Teal Sound 2007....

When I started to notice Teal's huge gains in score, I have to admit that I was a little skeptical. I fully expected them to top last years corps, even if it was only because they would be on tour for more than twice as long. Their show concept also struck me as being pretty lame, as those "music of" shows always are to me. All of that said, I finally got a chance to see Teal's performance at Night Beat on a video sharing site that we aren't supposed to mention on here, but rhymes with Blue Lube. I have to admit that I was really impressed. The overall coordination is greatly improved from last year, and that brass section is pretty strong. I can only imagine how much they've cleaned since then, but I now have no doubt that their placement and numbers are completely justified. Having seen virtually all of the Division I corps the day before Night Beat, I can say with great confidence that Teal Sound is good enough to be a Top 21 Drum Corps this year. It's a shame that II/III groups can't move into Quarterfinals anymore.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started to notice Teal's huge gains in score, I have to admit that I was a little skeptical. I fully expected them to top last years corps, even if it was only because they would be on tour for more than twice as long. Their show concept also struck me as being pretty lame, as those "music of" shows always are to me. All of that said, I finally got a chance to see Teal's performance at Night Beat on a video sharing site that we aren't supposed to mention on here, but rhymes with Blue Lube. I have to admit that I was really impressed. The overall coordination is greatly improved from last year, and that brass section is pretty strong. I can only imagine how much they've cleaned since then, but I now have no doubt that their placement and numbers are completely justified. Having seen virtually all of the Division I corps the day before Night Beat, I can say with great confidence that Teal Sound is good enough to be a Top 21 Drum Corps this year. It's a shame that II/III groups can't move into Quarterfinals anymore.

Awesome post. Funny, I was thinking the same about the quarterfinals thing. In fact, I think that there are several D2 corps that would compete very nicely with the current lower 1/3 of the D1 lineup. I also like your comments about Teal. Everybody knows I am quote biased (Teal Apologist as so aptly put by one DCP poster) but I also recognize the competition for Teal (and other corps) as some of the finest musicians out there. Nevertheless, GO TEAL SOUND.

If there as good as you say they are then great job. I saw them at the friends and family show and it was pretty rough but they have obviously put in a ton of work since then. I hate it that two of their best years came after I had to leave for a while(2004) and after I age out(2007). Oh well, congrats Teal Sound and Im glad my work payed off.

I LOVE their show. I got to see it three times, actually, twice at the two Arizona shows and tonight, and I really just can't get enough of it. I actually enjoyed it as much (if not more) than Surf or Spartans tonight, and I was almost tired of Teal Sound from last week! Awesome hornline and drumline.

Teal Sound WOW!!!! I saw their show for the first time today and I have to say it is by far my favorite DIV II show. That Hornline Is awesome and they get some good volume....i saw them warm up and they Blew my face off hahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
That Hornline Is awesome and they get some good volume....i saw them warm up and they Blew my face off hahahaha.

ya , we tried haha thanks . We worked our ##### off to get to what we had , and a whole lot of vets are coming back so lets say the teal team is still in it to win it in 08!

ya , we tried haha thanks . We worked our ##### off to get to what we had , and a whole lot of vets are coming back so lets say the teal team is still in it to win it in 08!

Dudes.....its on like donkey kong for next year. I'm hyped about it!! Can't wait for December to roll around.

Teal '08.....be ready!!!

Edited by NSBNole

haha the teal train is coming

Dudes.....its on like donkey kong for next year. I'm hyped about it!! Can't wait for December to roll around.

Teal '08.....be ready!!!

Second Trombone with the London Symphony....hmmm....are you sure about that???? For an entire season? Not trying to call you out, but if you're 26 now (according to your myspace), then you were 20 at the time...generally a 20 year old winning a job like that is pretty big news....what made you quit the gig to go back to FSU? I mean, that's the gig of a lifetime. Just wanted to know if you're willing to stand behind that before I verify with one of my old teachers in the horn section....

Edited by goldingna