The Cadets at Quarterfinals

Congratulations Phantom Regiment on the 2006 DCI World Championship.

I didn't like the original outcome so I changed it!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from what I have seen and heard before I marched Cadets, while I marched Cadets and after I marched Cadets, it's probably 50/50.

I think you are WAYYYYY off.

I don't know anyone in the drum corps community who has given a kid a hard time, and I also do not personally know anyone who is a fan of Hopkins.

A very naive statement. Winning championships does not make one a good director. Very telling you think it does.

No I don't think that, but a lot of the ideas he brings to the table does not warrant a comparison to George Bush ma'am.

Tell DCI what you think about the whole situation.

http://www.dci.org/support/

Why, to overwhelm their website so the broadcast will carsh tonight, haha lol!

Judging from what I have seen and heard before I marched Cadets, while I marched Cadets and after I marched Cadets, it's probably 50/50.

Even back then? You would've been hard pressed to get me to even have an opinion of Hopkins back then for the most part. I liked Cadets as much as any other corps up until this decade when Hopkins seemed to become much more of an activist director with the intention of changing drum corps into something I don't like. I can't speak for other people, but if he had gone away after 2000 I would have a much better opinion of him than I do today.

All this complaining, crying, and acting like children. I thought I heard my share teaching band camp the past few weeks. Did you guys march? Gee wiz... 20 dollars says the penalty was wrongfully enforced. Field was not in shape and it was fixed. Hop had all the right to stop his corps and speaking as a person that marched... I have the right to a good field DURING CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I think you are WAYYYYY off.

I don't know anyone in the drum corps community who has given a kid a hard time, and I also do not personally know anyone who is a fan of Hopkins.

You have every right to think that, but I have seen it and I am not sure of how many fans there are of GH either, so we can agree on that.

How is DCI going to explain this though? It changes the order for Semi-finals quite a bit.

I say make The Cadets still perform before PR and The Cavaliers.

Now THAT WOULD make sense. IF the un-inforced penalty stands, MAKE the Cadets go in the the orderthey finished WITH the penalty.

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp: