Division II/III Semi-Finals

Ah well....I guess we'll get the scores eventually (official). Hoping to see Dutch Boy at the WATERLOO BAND FESTIVAL on the 18th, in Kitchener, Ontario Canada, along with the great and talented Canadian all-age and Alumni Drum Corps. Should be a great show!!(Hint,hint). See you there.. :laugh:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They compete and are scored the same/head-to-head, but each division has it's own set of caption winners and medalists (1st-3rd).

For example, a corps could win Div. III (1st, gold) and place 3rd or 4th OVERALL with their score (Div. II/III combined), out placing the remaining Div. II corps. The same goes for the Div. III silver medalist - they would be 2nd in Div. III but could also be 5th or 6th overall.

Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you very much! I have been trying to get an answer to this for about a month now.

Numbers pulled from this thread (not official)

Div III

Memphis Sound - 91.525

Fever - 89.825

Revolution - 84.75

Dutch Boy - 84.625

Crusaders - 82.6

Impulse - 79.???

Div II

Spartans - 95.975

Jersey Surf - 95.65

Teal Sound - 92.825

BDB - 90.65

SCVC - 89.175

Raiders - 84.9

Edited by MiniSopGuy

My guess is DCI is not going to release the scores until the Semis are complete. OR.....Maybe they are afraid that the constant updating of their system and all of us loyal DIV III/II fans would crash their system so that would give them problems for their Div I webcast for tonight. OR perhaps all the Techno geeks are at the Rose Bowl setting up for the webcast and forgot their was a Div III/II comp today... ugh...

That ,of course ,is assuming they can even remotely believe there ARE Div II/III Fans. With only 400 people showing up for prelims. Remember THEY don't believe WE exist

Congrats DCI for keeping the interested, but not present in CA, totally informed by posting today's II/III scores in such a timely fashion. I can't imagine this world without DCI...you guys are awesome in keeping your customers, both current and future...not to mention the legacy fans, satisfied to no end! I have no doubt that you'll do the same bang up job on posting scores from D1 semi's as you did for II/III scores.

^OO^

Edited by FrankBeMe

Congrats DCI for keeping the interested but not present in CA totally informed by putting up today's scores in such a timely fashion. I can't imagine this world without DCI...you guys are awesome in keeping your customers, both current and future...not to mention the legacy fans, satisfied to no end!

^OO^

Hmmm...I sense a little sarcasm....lol