95.4 Really?

Geez,sounds like alot of "haters" in here.

As opposed to whiners?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PR had a great show tonight!

I really don't care what number they got.

Right there with ya! (or 'witcha')

PR had a great show tonight!

I really don't care what number they got.

Yup. I was in the Rose Bowl and Phantom rocked the house tonight. BD-- whose show I don't really get into, personally-- and Phantom and SCV and Crown electrified the crowd the most, I thought. Cadets, Cavies, Bluecoats notably less so.

I'm ok with their overall score, but 3rd in percussion??? That surprises me.

From my seat...1st floor Suite (absolutely FREAKIN AWESOME)...Regiment was on fire that was the best show of the season. The only isues I had was the Solo in firebird that was cracked toward the end. I thing a 96-96.2 would have been what they should have received

1079033291_e5c0e6a978.jpg

Agreed. IMHO they should have been .1 or so above the Cavies tonight, as they were on fire and the Cavies had a rather dirty show.

Agreed. IMHO they should have been .1 or so above the Cavies tonight, as they were on fire and the Cavies had a rather dirty show.

I agree. Cavies had a very off performance, and should not have gone up in score. Both PR and SCV should have either beaten Cavies or been right on their heels.

From my seat...1st floor Suite (absolutely FREAKIN AWESOME)...Regiment was on fire that was the best show of the season. The only isues I had was the Solo in firebird that was cracked toward the end. I thing a 96-96.2 would have been what they should have received

1079033291_e5c0e6a978.jpg

But that wouldn't leave room for the "FRONT RUNNERS".

PR certainly had a STELLAR performance last night. Without question. Now, let's rant about all the top 8 :)

<rant>

Cavies were yet again gifted a big phat number tonight. I actually thought Cadets threw down the big FU performance of the night whereas it was BD the night before. If anything, PR and BD should have been clawing at each other tonight with Cadets about .2 in the lead. Cavies are way over rated. I fail to understand how they get anything higher than a 9.ZERO in Ensemble anything .... and the Uber Control method does not work for the show selection they chose. It requires some hutsbah ... know what I mean? Cavies are about control ... in other words, the show doesn't sell. But that's alright .. just throw any old number out there ya want judges .. who are we to disagree? Crown and Cavies in the high 94 to low 95 range is more realistic. In fact, there should be 4 corps in that range beating each other up. Where does that put BK? I would say in the 92 range.

The inflated gaps are all due to rank and rate. It has nothing to do with giving a corps the number they deserve based on the sheets. There are some obvious concessions being afforded some corps based on reputation on not based on their performance of the design or the design of their performance.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT TIGHT 2.5-3.0 POINT GAP BETWEEN 1ST AND 7TH ALL SEASON??? I certainly don't see 7 corps scoring between 95 and 97 (LIKE THEY SHOULD BE). The entire thing is kinda laughable. You'll all enjoy yourselves much more if you quit looking at numbers and just enjoy the shows .. then walk out of the stadium when the last corps is finished, or turn off your computer before recaps are posted.

</rant>

Dislaimer: It's unfortunate that I have to appear as if I'm slamming the corps for the judges poor form. I'm merely sighting my opinions based on the sheet criteria as it pertains to each corps. BAD JUDGES BAD!!! Good corps good ... carry on. You all Rock in your own way.