Semifinals judging

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone enlighten me why CROWN'S top notch colorguard all summer suddenly, overnight became 5th place?????

Tonights judge was clueless. Why in the world is Michael Gray judging guard?

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Can anyone enlighten me why CROWN'S top notch colorguard all summer suddenly, overnight became 5th place?????

Yep! Michael Grey!!!! He has it all wrong! It will change tomorrow. :worthy:

Before today, head-to-head, Crown's guard was 20-1 against the Cadets' guard with the margin being at least .5 at every meeting since Murfreesboro. Today The Cadets guard won by .5

Before today, head-to-head, Crown's guard was 7-1 against the Vanguard's guard with the margin being at least .9 at every meeting since Sevierville (7/16). Today Vanguard's guard won by .9

Strange...

Crown 5th in guard - nope

Bcoats brass 4th - nope

BD perc 1st - nope

BAC 12th in brass - nope

Not from where I saw tonight, and frankly not the night before.

Crown 5th in guard - nope

Bcoats brass 4th - nope

BD perc 1st - nope

BAC 12th in brass - nope

Not from where I saw tonight, and frankly not the night before.

You got 3 out of 4 right. Edited by BDguard92

Before today, head-to-head, Crown's guard was 20-1 against the Cadets' guard with the margin being at least .5 at every meeting since Murfreesboro. Today The Cadets guard won by .5

Before today, head-to-head, Crown's guard was 7-1 against the Vanguard's guard with the margin being at least .9 at every meeting since Sevierville (7/16). Today Vanguard's guard won by .9

Strange...

Since I'm not a guard person myself I'm trying to figure out how BD's guard is a '6th place guard' . . . have they been there all season?

What I still don't understand is how one can properly judge "Brass" from the field. They are so spread out when playing sometimes, it seems that it is just a matter of luck if the judge happens to be by some really hot players, or some that are weaker at certain sections. Taking this into consideration, I wouldn't be surprised to see brass scores all over the place from show to show.

Edited by Tez

First off, I have never seen Crown's show before tonight. I had heard the hype, the "crowd favorite" etc. Guess what! It was true. I loved the show. Performed well, the sweeetest sounding hornline, and the visual on the final "race", with humor and elegance, was wonderful.

How were they fifth. The guard was absolutely DIRTY! Drops all over the place. Once Crown went, I said, wow, I think SCV will pass up Crown tonight. Crown has a better show, but SCV EXECUTED theirs to perfection tonight. Once Blooooo came off the field, I said the same thing. SCV would pass them up, not because of the show...but because of the execution.

I must say, being there, I think the judges got it right on....although the narration for Cadets bugged me even more than usual...but what a show. Man!

All in all, one fantastic night. Sorry Crown, but I do think you will come back tomorrow. The show is just that good and the crowd (including myself) loved it....but clean up the guard work!