DCI 2007

I felt that either Cadets or BD could have won it.

I'm not a fan of narration.

But Cadets have been on the heels of BD.

I think everyone expected either The Cadets or Blue Devils to win. My original point was that I didn't feel those two corps, or Cavies, had that special feel that a championship show usually does. They were solid and well-performed, but not spectacular as say the 2002 or 2005 champions were.

Edited by Officer_Jenny

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone expected either The Cadets or Blue Devils to win. My original point was that I didn't feel those two corps, or Cavies, had that special feel that a championship show usually does. They were solid and well-performed, but not spectacular as say the 2002 or 2005 champions were.

Well, 2002 and 2005 were on a different level from pretty much any other championship show. I felt the Cadets as a corps this year were on that same level, just the show wasn't. It still felt like a championship show however, in spite of the narration. Blue Devils did too, though.

Somewhat agree...yes to the 2nd, 3-4th, but no to the championship. And yeah, I think it should have been Cadets.

I will say though...(IMO) #1 and #3 were boring to me. #4-7 were very entertaining. #2 was :worthy: , :tic: , and :worthy: at first but after thinking long and hard about it, it became ^OO^

(ALL IMO)

totally agree... 4-7 was where the movers and shakers were... Became a fan of SCV1

As far as 1 and 2, respect thier programs, just didn't get them

3.. what can i say, every time they roled on the ground i was sure a horn was done for :P

Only grip is that madison didn't move up further like i thought they deserved this last week.

Best year ever. True, no one had a dominating sure-to-win show...if that is your definition of a first place show, then you are correct. Thank goodness no one had a dominating sure-to-win show...the competition was great. There were numerous shows that deserved to win. This was our strongest year across the board.

However for many of the top corps this was not their strongest show ever. For BD, the Cadets, and the Cavies, they have put better out there. But they all had deserving shows. The Cadets and Cavies had a fatal flaw that just never allowed them to solidly remain at the top. The Cavaliers had a concept that came out of the box strong but could not conform to their trademark packaged product. It never fully gelled. And you can guess what I think was the fatal flaw on the Cadets' show. How can a corps with some of the best horn, drum, and guard books and performances out there lose? You tell me.

This was a very good year. I enjoyed it greatly. No complaints.

You know its a good year when so many people would have been happy, and satisfied with the 7th place corps winning.

Or 6th place. :blink: