2008 show ideas

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think right-wingnut radio will play well with the drum corps crowd. :P

Very clever. Maybe Crown should modify their show from this year to focus on the elections rather than horse races...

THAT could get interesting.

SCV - "Phantom of the Opry - A country version" :P

Phantom Regiment- Shostakovich

Blue Devils- Big Sound (bring it back from 89 and own everyone!)

Madison Scouts- Pirates (NOT PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN EITHER!) by Gary P. Gilroy (adapted for drum Corps :P)

Glassmen- Adventure of a Lifetime

Opener : African Ceremonial and Ritual

Closer: To the Summit! :lookaround: (I love that song) b**bs

Troopers- An American Dream

Mvt. 1 Fanfare for a Common Man

Mvt. 2 Shernandoah

Mvt. 3 Lads of Wamphray March

Mvt. 4 The Klaxon

Mvt. 5 The Thunderer

Edited by Supersop08

Well, I can't really think of any good ideas for any corps...except one: The Blue Devils! I posted a show idea not too long ago that I think only they could do, so I'll post it here again so others can read it.

"I'd definitely love to see a Michel Camilo show on the field. If it were to be done, there's only one corps I could see giving this music justice: The Blue Devils. I can't say exactly how I would want it to be in terms of what songs, but I could see multiple songs in certain parts of the show. Anyway, here's how I see the show going:

Opener: "On The Other Hand," "Cocowalk," and "Dichotomy"

Ballad: "Dreamlight"

Percussion Feature: "This Way Out"

Closer: "Caribe," "Suite Sandrine Part III," and "On Fire"

Like I said, I could only see the Blue Devils doing this kind of show. And, regardless, I recommend Michel Camilo to anybody who hasn't listened to him yet. It's latin, it's jazzy...it's just really fun to listen to. I got these songs from his albums, "One More Once" and "Live At The Blue Note." That's just in case anybody's interested. I'm done advertising now."

So, there you have it. The Blue Devils should do the music of Michel Camilo for 2008. It would be awesome.

Well, I can't really think of any good ideas for any corps...except one: The Blue Devils! I posted a show idea not too long ago that I think only they could do, so I'll post it here again so others can read it.

"I'd definitely love to see a Michel Camilo show on the field. If it were to be done, there's only one corps I could see giving this music justice: The Blue Devils. I can't say exactly how I would want it to be in terms of what songs, but I could see multiple songs in certain parts of the show. Anyway, here's how I see the show going:

Opener: "On The Other Hand," "Cocowalk," and "Dichotomy"

Ballad: "Dreamlight"

Percussion Feature: "This Way Out"

Closer: "Caribe," "Suite Sandrine Part III," and "On Fire"

Like I said, I could only see the Blue Devils doing this kind of show. And, regardless, I recommend Michel Camilo to anybody who hasn't listened to him yet. It's latin, it's jazzy...it's just really fun to listen to. I got these songs from his albums, "One More Once" and "Live At The Blue Note." That's just in case anybody's interested. I'm done advertising now."

So, there you have it. The Blue Devils should do the music of Michel Camilo for 2008. It would be awesome.

I actually just suggested a Michel Camilo lineup for next year to a certain newcomer corps that seems to have attracted more attention, good or bad, than some who actually made the finals this year.

Caribe and On Fire were on the list. I also added Manteca, because I love Camilo's take on it without dramatically changing the song. There's more than enough space for a percussion feature in On Fire ... just playing over the montuno's would be a real crowd pleaser.

BD revists their '91 show..but with a better visual and drill designer/design. That show was absolutely smoking from a Brass POV..if they could come close to that hornline sound...WOW..the would be a Rockin.

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL - Rite of Spring

These are just ideas. Hopefully people will just throw ideas up here and not take it as their opportunity to blast others and say ideas are bad. Just thoughts here people.

...and let's go with 'all mud' CG unis.. :worthy: