Blind Drill

Not sure if it's done before, but seems like it might be a little too dangerous. I guess they could just use it as a gimmick in a company front or something. "Look we're all blindfolded and our line is still straight!" I dunno.

The only time I've seen it was 83 Bridgemen in "Black Market Juggler" (the drum solo for those who don't know).....but it was only about 16 counts straight forward. The impressive part was setting up properly to play the rototoms blindfolded...

Well, i've never seen ayone do it blindfolded, but the university of alabama had a blind trumpet player that marched four 4 years... i guess that means it's totally possible. You would have to have a "march to dot" type of drill technique though obviously.

I marched with a guy who got so dot accurate that he would do reps with his eyes closed every now and then (only set to set though . . . not in chunks), just because he got bored.

wouldn't be dangerous in the ballad.

forget blind drill...I wanna see colorguard work performed blindfolded...or at least see it rehearsed. I would laugh my ### off!

While running just one set during brass rehearsal I closed my eyes a couple times. It's really hard but if you can memorize the path and step size of a drill move without using your eyes, imagine how perfect it would be with your eyes opened.

Finals week in Cadets 04 we ran the closer during marching rehearsal with our eyes closed. The chunk was a total of around 10 sets. We stopped way before anything "dangerous" like some of the pass throughs at the end.