Harry Heidelmark

Many of you may know the name Harry Heidelmark. He marched with the P.A.L. Cadets in Philly, as well as the Bridgemen. He also worked on the staffs of Drum Corps News and Drum Corps World over the years, and has put in much time working with various corps.

I received an e-mail from Steve Vickers, with the following:

During the latter part of DCI week, Harry Heidelmark wasn't feeling well. He had been driving the equipment truck for Pioneer all summer, as well as shooting for DCW at most of the shows along the tour.

Despite not feeling well enough to drive, he headed back to the Midwest with Pioneer the day after finals. When the corps reached Las Vegas, Pioneer director Roman Blenski put him in a hotel room to rest, while he and the members and staff who were on the bus, did some sightseeing. When they returned, Harry has apparently delirious and an ambulance was summoned.

He was rushed to the hospital and was put into an induced coma for the next four or five days.

I first heard about this last Tuesday morning when I returned a phone call to Harry's daughter. I was still in California visiting a friend in Rancho Mirage. She said that she and her mother were about to fly to Las Vegas and that Harry was not doing well. Several days later, on Friday, I heard from Sue Blenski that he was awake, but not able to comprehend where he was or what had happened.

Last evening, I got an e-mail from Randy Mayer, a volunteer with Pioneer, who found out where Harry is hospitalized and he supplied me with Harry's wife's cell phone number. I spoke with her last evening and she told me they almost lost Harry over the weekend, but that he is improving slightly now. He is on a ventilator, has opened his eyes and is responding to questions. He doesn't remember anything and wonders why and how he got there.

She encouraged me to pass along information so everyone can pray for Harry and also perhaps send a card and a note.

Here is the information . . .

He is at St. Rose Dominican Hospitals, Sienna Campus, 3001 St. Rose Parkway, Henderson, NV 89052, room #209.

Please take a few minutes to send a card and note to Harry and tell him you're thinking about him and praying for a quick recovery.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am certainly hoping for the best concerning Harry. I could tell by the last stretch of the grueling DCI tour that Harry was strained. When I heard that he was in a coma, I had to step back and pray for him. A true drum corps soul, I wish for better health for Harry.

Get Well Harry...you worked very hard this past Summer. I will continue to pray that you feel better.

Donny Allen

Pioneer 2007

All the best to Harry. I've enjoyed many conversasions with him over the years. Here's to a speedy recovery!!!

Wow. This is a shock. I pray that he recovers quickly. He's one of those special guys who has meant a great deal to the activity.

Jim

Harry, your entire Bridgemen family is praying that you get well soon!

You are a very special person, and have made immeasurable contributions to all of us, and to the world of drum corps, over the last thirty years!

All with a smile, and an "aw, shucks, it was nuthin" attitude!

WE LOVE YOU, AND HOPE TO SEE YOU VERY SOON!!!

HANG TOUGH, MY BROTHER!

Remember, the BMO & the BRIDGEMEN all want you back in our ranks ASAP!!!

Here to better health Harry. The Yankee Rebels send our get well wishes your way. God speed your recovery.