Longevity with your corps

How long have you been with your current DCA corps?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How many consecutive years have you marched with your corps?

• 0-4 years
    • 5-9 years
    • 10-20 years
    • more than 20 years

While Renegades are still a "new corps" by east coast standards, we still have quite a few folks that have been there since the beginning. Here's our current list of folks who've marched at least seven years in Renegades:

Al Cunningham

Betsy Johnson

Carol Smith

Chris Clavejo

Chris Nalls

Christian Minervini

Dan Day

Dave Leon

Doug Peterson

Greg Gilman

Jed Roach

Jeff DeMello

Jim Jackson

Joe Wilt

Kent Kater

Larrie Dastrup

Lee Rudnicki

Lesa Barker

Mike Bertram

Mike Heckman

Mike Rogala

Munson Chan

Rich Duarte

Rich Skare

Scott Slater

Steve McBurney

Steve Powers

Steve Proud

Stuart Miyasato

See you over the next seven years,

- Greg

That's a good list!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ken

Yup... black knights was fun... and our claim to fame was that we had probably the best soprano soloist in drum corps at the time in Redd Swindells... Best chops ever to hit the field until the day Joey Pero put on a uniform.

funny sidenote... many years later when I was director of Cru, Kenny joined and the day he gave me his contact info I stared at the address and to my amazement, he was living in the last house I owned in Oswego. (some 17 years earlier) Even in drum corps it's a small world...

What a very small world we live in huh, I still remember that conversation at your house when I came over to join Cru, BTW Redd was the first horn instructor I ever had.. Not bad huh... I hope all is well out West Tom

The idea of 'consecutive' hurts a bit, since so many of us have to admit to 'interrupted service!'

I first walked into Post 199 in Hawthorne in January of 1966. I competed seven seasons between '66 and '73, skipping '72. When the Alumni corps started in March of 1994 I was there. So with time off for 'real life' interruptions, I'm still making the trip to Hawthorne 41 years later.

George Hayek is still the champ and the guy we all look up to.

Next weekend I will complete my 12th consecutive season with the Bushwackers...9 of which I have had the honor of representing the corps as its drum major.

Started marching junior in 1968 and still doing it today. Marched with 8 corps, 24 seasons and now marching with my son! But I am humbled by all of the "vets" (especially the East Coasters) who started WAY before I did and some are still marching today! I don't know of any other activity (hobby) that has such commitment and longevity from it's followers. Next year will be my 25th marching season since 68 and it's not over yet.

Not consecutive, but this is my 6th season with Kilties and 14th season in corps total. That's half my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Not consecutive, but this is my 6th season with Kilties and 14th season in corps total. That's half my life, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Me too, not consecutive. But like the rest of you darn proud of the longevity.

1961 First year of junior competitive corps thru to..

1971 Last year of senior competitive corps

1995 First year of (second term) Senior non-competitive thru to....

1999 First year of (second term) Senior competitive thru to.....

2003 Last year of (second term) Senior competitive

Illness

2006 Most recent year of (OK third term) Senior competitive

2008 Maybe still 'aged out' but you never know.

Will shortly (a few months) have to change my DCP name to 'sixtysomething'.

Started in Jr. Corps in 1967 aged out in 1977 taught 1978 joined the Cabs for the second time in 1979 (the first time was 73 but went back to Jr. Corps.) and have been a Caballeros ever since. 40 years with two organizations, but next to George Hayek I’m a newbie.

The only one I know who has been in drum corps most of his life is my brother Josh, he went on his first tour at 4 months old 1970 and is still marching today 37 years later.

Yeah its true. I was born in a contra case. I have been in uniform since I was a toddler. However, I contributed my first season as a playing memeber in 1978. I had to think about that since I started the year after Al aged out. Between 1978 and 2007. I have only seen three years of no activity. 95,97 and 2005. Although I wore many uniforms in that time. 8 to be exact. I have been marching with the Caballeros for 19 season between 1985 and 2007 but have always been associated with corps for all 22 years or longer if you consider my brothers time with the corps. I guess you can say all my years in Jr corps groomed me for Hawthorne.

OK Like some others I was born into Drum Corps. Not counting the years as a Cabs mascot.

1976 -77 West Paterson Royal aires (bass drum/baritone)

1978 Dynamic Royalaires

1979 - 1998 Hawthorne Caballeros

1999 - 2000 Phoenix from Brick Visual Staff

2000 - 2002 Hawthorne Caballeros

2005 Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

2006-2007 Bayone Bridgemen Visual Staff

2008 Who knows?????

Total Years I lost count :laugh:

Edited by cabsbari79