Favorite 27th Lancers Program

Amid the celebration around The Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard, we forgot about another corps that would have celebrated a milestone had it not been for their folding: The 27th Lancers. Fourty years ago, the 27th Lancers began and would become a force to be reckoned with very early on. Through the 70's and the early 80's they became a top corps, winning the World Open flag in '71 and almost beating the Blue Devils for a DCI championship in 1980.

Which 2-7 show is your personal favorite?

Edited by dccorpsfan

Thanks Chris for bringing this up. For we are about to celebrate our 40th anniversary with a reunion on October 12th-14th in Plymouth, Mass. (As John pointed out to me..lol). Details are on the website. :) www.27thlancers.net.

My personal favorite 27th Lancer show is 1980 with an honorable mention of 1981. My favorite horn line is 1981, my favorite drum line is 1984. My favorite color guard is 1980. My favorite concert piece is "classical gas" or "African Suite" from 1973. My favorite otl is "Crown Imperial". :P I also love "Niner two" for a concert piece..oh I could go on and on, but I'll see if anyone else wants to play. :P Of course I can't forget to mention "Danny boy". :)

Edited by Lancerlady
  • Like 1

Thanks Chris for bringing this up. For we are about to celebrate our 40th anniversary with a reunion on October 12th-14th in Peabody, Mass. Details are on the website. :) www.27thlancers.net.

My personal favorite 27th Lancer show is 1980 with an honorable mention of 1981. My favorite horn line is 1981, my favorite drum line is 1984. My favorite color guard is 1980.

1975, 1979 and 1980. I have a giant 27 patch on my SCV corps jacket (back when you put your fave corps on your jacket). Love the Lancers.

Definitely, 1980.

Love, love, love the opener (Vaughan William's 'Folk Song Suite').

My personal favorite, by the way, would have to be '75. Came out of the gate with Crown and ended the classic 27 way with Danny Boy. I think they won the East championship that year.

I love the Sondheim Suite stuff... They didn't make finals with it in 1986, but the show music was very good, enjoyable stuff. I wish I could see a video of that show.

CROWN IMPERIAL !!!!! OK I'll fess up and admit that I was (still am) a big BAC fan (am I going to get in trouble for this?). Man I miss 27. :(

Moved to historical forum.

CROWN IMPERIAL !!!!! OK I'll fess up and admit that I was (still am) a big BAC fan (am I going to get in trouble for this?). Man I miss 27. :(

No trouble. Love all around. Where and when did you march?