Best Drum Corps Show Moment of all Time?

There is no way to pick just one moment, as demonstrated by the previous posters...

1.) 1987 Santa Clara Vanguard- "Russian Christmas Music" from the push to the end of the opener (that whole show was/is amazing).

1.) 1988 Velvet Knights "Malaguena" When the bull "relieves" himself on the matador and the following melodic push

1.) 1991 Cavaliers "Cavalier Anthems: The Advent Collection"- huge flag toss over the corps in the closer

1.) 1995 Madison Scouts-huge rotating company front in the closer

1.) 1996 Phantom Regiment "Ballet suite no. 4" (musical)

1.) 1997 Madison Scouts "The Pirates of Lake Mendota"- cymbal racks and sword fights to the company front and note that lasted forever (or at least it seemed to that night) to the end

1.) 1999 Madison Scouts "Jesus Christ Superstar"-Huge horn hit in the percussion feature at the company front

1.) 2002 Cavaliers "Frameworks"- opening piece, the company front facing backfield, losing players from right to left as they state the melody and keep adding to that box that finally forms completely and then the geometric drill to the "Hop, skip, and a jump" in the triangle form to the triangles moving within each other to the resolution

1.) 2004 Santa Clara Vanguard "Scheherazade" (sp?)- from the "VANGUARD!!!" yell to the end

All ties...

Edited by Cardman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'84 Suncoast Sound- the Vietnam Memorial Wall

WOW....

SCV's Guard dropping to do the Bottle Dance during finals 79. The crowd went wild!

How about th Bottle Dance in 92? The entire guard. Gail Royers last year. Everyone knew it was coming.....and that it would never be seen again. The tension.....anticipation og the crowd.....fantastic!

So many great moments, but for me it has to be the "Tonight Quintet" at the end of Garfield's show 1984.

That remains the best integration of musical and visual elements that I've ever seen.

Absolutley flawless.

Crossmen 1997 - The build up in Birdland to the guards TIGHT block - and BAM!! that toss was INCREDIBLE!

Carolina Crown 1999 - the rifle feature when the whole line throws a "6" .. wow

Colts 1999 - the whole show... just amazing!

2003 Phantom - the reprise of the Canon at the end of the show. Still gives me goosebumps every time.

That was a good season. ^OO^

One that hasn't been mentioned that I can see:

Glassmen 1999 - the closer - from the unison chords in the brass until the end...that was amazing. I love the part where the mellos are running in a circle in the pit at the very end. b**bs

Madison 1997 - the closer - basically from when the two guard members have are sword fighting on top of the rotating drum rack until the end. I especially love when the DM pulls out the pirate flag and then takes a picture of the screaming audience. Now THAT is drum corps. :ph34r:

Regiment 1993 - Fire of Eternal Glory - the music just speaks for itself... :blink:

How about th Bottle Dance in 92? The entire guard. Gail Royers last year. Everyone knew it was coming.....and that it would never be seen again. The tension.....anticipation og the crowd.....fantastic!

"

"Never to be seen again?" ... Do you know something I don't know? :(

We, the SCV Alumni Guard, performed it 2002 at local shows and at DCI Madison.

What? No more bottle dance :(

"

"Never to be seen again?" ... Do you know something I don't know? :(

We, the SCV Alumni Guard, performed it 2002 at local shows and at DCI Madison.

Have not seen SCV alumni.....wish I could.

"Never to be seen again....." refers to competing corps. My prediction only but......can't see that it would ever be brought back.