New Crown Brass Staff

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Crown brass staff is here to stay, thank heavens. The staff has no control over what scores the judges decide to give to them.

The judges continue to favor the "big boy" corps that have been around for so many years no matter what show they present.

:) I gotta tell ya Carolina Crown had the most entertaining show hand's down of every corps that I seen this year ! Their brass just blew my sock's off and the guard was phenominal , the percussion section both battery and pit were much improved over last year's section keep up the good work everybody but don't get to comfy cause my horse is getting in great shape ! b**bs b**bs

alli hve to say is that the brass score is not just based off of how the ensemble sounds....the brass judges will get in the bells of the players and hear INDIVIDUAL SOUNDS!!!....IF THEY ARENT CONSISTANT THEN SCORES WILL BE LOWER. ....ensemble sound can still be amazing with inconsistancy in playing ability throughout the hornline...i.e. cavies have better overall individual players so they will beat crown on many occasions...same with BD and cadets.....they just need to be harder in the auditions so they get better talent coming in.

agreed...but tough to attract those talented players...too many "ring chasers" these days in Drum Corps. Crown is forced to develop their members. A challenge they rise to, better than most. As for the brass score being based on individual performance, also agreed. But lets judge the effect and ensemble captions per the criteria on the sheet, not based on what that judge heard a few nights earlier while he was down on the field.

I have yet to hear anyone say they didn't like Crown's sound.

Most definitley could not COULD NOT stand the sound the hornline had in 03 and 04. Present day..they have turned that opinion around 360. That opening statement in last years 06 show..just floored me. WOAH!!!

Most definitley could not COULD NOT stand the sound the hornline had in 03 and 04. Present day..they have turned that opinion around 360. That opening statement in last years 06 show..just floored me. WOAH!!!

whats so horrible about the 04 hornline that you COULD NOT stand them? not an attack, just curious