New Crown Brass Staff

I think they should drop brass and all play recorders.....

Comic book guy says "dumbest thread EVER" .02 cents to Matt Groenig

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shows how much you know about brass

However, Crown should have placed higher in brass, so should have the Bluecoats. But hey, bickering about placements in a tier which all scored within a 94 is pretty ridiculous (on extremely brain rotting levels).

Uh.

The corps someone thinks sounds the best is completely subjective, an opinion and varies based on taste. Guess what? To my ears, Crown sounded better than every other corps. That is my evidence. I could care less about the principles of brass playing or how a few judges apply them.

Uh.

The corps someone thinks sounds the best is completely subjective, an opinion and varies based on taste. Guess what? To my ears, Crown sounded better than every other corps. That is my evidence. I could care less about the principles of brass playing or how a few judges apply them.

It's more objective than you think. John Mack definitely sounds better than the principal oboist of B.T. Washington High School, god bless his soul. Not that I believe in god...

It's more objective than you think. John Mack definitely sounds better than the principal oboist of B.T. Washington High School, god bless his soul. Not that I believe in god...

Not objectively. What if someone thinks the oboist sounds better? What if someone happens to prefer that sound? All you can measure is the degree to which the player produces the characteristic sound of the instrument...yet what if you don't care for that sound?

Not objectively. What if someone thinks the oboist sounds better? What if someone happens to prefer that sound? All you can measure is the degree to which the player produces the characteristic sound of the instrument...yet what if you don't care for that sound?

Unfortunately for you, this is a judged activity, and this thread is about the success, or lack thereof, of a particular hornline. Perhaps this is beyond you, but can you see how pointless the discussion would be if we all just said "i think they are the best, just because..."

Some people don't like The Godfather. Some people don't enjoy Harry Potter. Some people don't like pizza.

Some people don't actually like Crown's sound and some do.

Some people don't like to measure art to such a technical degree.

Again, we arent talking about preference - people arent happy with their placement. If everyone that thought that crown sounded the best didnt actually care about the score, then this thread wouldnt exist :ph34r:

Unfortunately for you, this is a judged activity, and this thread is about the success, or lack thereof, of a particular hornline. Perhaps this is beyond you, but can you see how pointless the discussion would be if we all just said "i think they are the best, just because..."

And my post was expressing my views that no, they should not get a new brass staff since their staff contributes to their being one of the best hornlines in DCI, and that myself and others couldn't care less about how they rank.

Edited by Hrothgar15