DCA Preliminaries (Saturday) Corps Order and Discussion

MJH

Is this the prelims line-up?

Do Renegades really go on second? What happened to the Member, Associate, Affiliate rule? What about the MBI rule?

Buccaneers - 94.325

Empire Statesmen - 93.388

Caballeros - 92.663

Brigadiers - 91.075

Bushwackers - 90.813

Minnesota Brass - 90.725

CorpsVets - 87.188

Hurricanes - 86.875

Crusaders - 84.675

Kilties - 83.800

Music City Legend - 81.800

Govenaires - 78.763

Sunrisers - 78.738

Alliance - 77.900

Fusion Core -76.075

Chops Inc. - 75.875

Gulf Coast Sound - 73.463

Frontier - 72.863

Lakeshoremen - 72.863

White Sabers - 71.338

SoCal Dream - 68.763

Renegades - 68.738

River City Regiment - 66.613

Edited by MJH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Renegades really go on second? What happened to the Member, Associate, Affiliate rule? What about the MBI rule?

No, it isn't the prelims lineup. Class A prelims happen before Open Class starts.

No, Renegades will not go on second for the day. They will go on First in Open Class.

Rules? We have rules? Where?

I thought order in prelims was determined by a corps last two scores. I might be way off base here, but that's what I thought it is...

My last recollection was the average score for the corps in the month of august. If that is the case...then all would line up correctly in the upper tier

Brigs

Bush

Empire

Cabs

Bucs

If that is not the case then corps who have never beaten other corps this season will be seeded higher. That would not be right.

Is their anyone that can take a shot at what the line up will be?,..................a few years back I had the opportunity to sit with some of my Renegade buds in Scranton after their prelims performance,....................it was great to see how high they set the bar that afternoon, and the looks on their faces as many of the subsequent scores were being announced, and they were holding some pretty high ground for a long while,.................personally, I know the seedings are very important to all the corps, but I for one would like more of a random/draw type format for the prelims performance order,..............that would certainly take all the "slotting" talk out of the equation, and create a scenario where the order of prelims, followed by the order for finals, and then the final outcome to be a bit more fun to watch,........................or something,.........

Edited by Gary Matczak

Buccaneers - 94.325

Empire Statesmen - 93.388

Caballeros - 92.663

Brigadiers - 91.075

Bushwackers - 90.813

Minnesota Brass - 90.725

CorpsVets - 87.188

Hurricanes - 86.875

Crusaders - 84.675

Kilties - 83.800

Music City Legend - 81.800

Govenaires - 78.763

Sunrisers - 78.738

Alliance - 77.900

Fusion Core -76.075

Chops Inc. - 75.875

Gulf Coast Sound - 73.463

Frontier - 72.863

Lakeshoremen - 72.863

White Sabers - 71.338

SoCal Dream - 68.763

Renegades - 68.738

River City Regiment - 66.613

This looks more like a list in order of last score....no he performance order....remember that Renegades and SoCal Dream have not had a score since sometime in July, while others have still had contests to get a score from...and RCR folded....so these scores are just a LITTLE deceptive!

Remember this is not official, but could end in this order...

1. Buccaneers - Open

2. Empire Statesmen - Open

3. Caballeros - Open

4. Brigadiers - Open

5. Bushwackers - Open

6. Minnesota Brass - Open

7. CorpsVets - Open

8. Renegades - Open - (exception)

9. Hurricanes - Open

10. Crusaders - Open

11. Kilties - Open

12. Music City Legend - Open

13. Governaires - A

14. Sunrisers - A

15. SoCal Dream - A - (exception)

16. Alliance - A

17. Fusion Core - A

18. Chops, Inc - A

19. Gulf Coast Sound - A

20. Frontier - Open

21. Lakeshoremen - A

22. White Sabers - A

That is how I had the top 5 also with the 2 top august scores being averaged

1. Buccaneers

2. Empire Statesmen

3. Caballeros

4. Brigadiers

5. Bushwackers

Remember this is not official, but could end in this order...

1. Buccaneers - Open

2. Empire Statesmen - Open

3. Caballeros - Open

4. Brigadiers - Open

5. Bushwackers - Open

6. Minnesota Brass - Open

7. CorpsVets - Open

8. Renegades - Open - (exception)

9. Hurricanes - Open

10. Crusaders - Open

11. Kilties - Open

12. Music City Legend - Open

13. Governaires - A

14. Sunrisers - A

15. SoCal Dream - A - (exception)

16. Alliance - A

17. Fusion Core - A

18. Chops, Inc - A

19. Gulf Coast Sound - A

20. Frontier - Open

21. Lakeshoremen - A

22. White Sabers - A

Is their anyone that can take a shot at what the line up will be?,..................a few years back I had the opportunity to sit with some of my Renegade buds in Scranton after their prelims performance,....................it was great to see how high they set the bar that afternoon, and the looks on their faces as many of the subsequent scores were being announced, and they were holding some pretty high ground for a long while,.................personally, I know the seedings are very important to all the corps, but I for one would like more of a random/draw type format for the prelims performance order,..............that would certainly take all the "slotting" talk out of the equation, and create a scenario where the order of prelims, followed by the order for finals, and then the final outcome to be a bit more fun to watch,........................or something,.........

Actually DCA used to draw for prelims placement but the problem was it made things VERY difficult from a judging point of view. How can you compare say the 2 front runners if one goes on 10 corps after the first? REALLY hard to make a good comparison in your caption by having to remember the other corps from over 2 hours earlier!

So the idea here was to have similar level corps appear in relative proximity to each other to give a more accurate scoring of their performance.

At present rules I'm not sure if the entire August scoring is averaged or just the last 2 shows...certainly if the full month was used then the ordering would be proper to the outcome of the season. (at least for the east coast corps who have seen each other all year) If the last week or last 2 weeks are used then for example Empire goes on after Cabs although having never beat them this season. I think Brigs might go on after Bush as well with Brigs having never beat Bush this season either.

Does anyone know what the current rules are?