DCA Preliminaries (Saturday) Corps Order and Discussion

MJH

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the rule was definitely changed... seeding ignores whether or not you have declared class A... Prelims is ONE big contest...

It reads that seeding is achieved by the highest single score for the season in a DCA sanctioned contest. Other than that, I have no idea where the California corps stand.

Anxious to see the official list myself...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. What is the current rule for prelims seedings....highest score in regular season or Avg August score...or Avg last 2 scores? Please give us some insight.

In looking at the current seedings you have Bush going on before Brigs even though Brigs has not beaten Bush head to head yet this season. You also have Cabs going on before Empire who again has not beaten Cabs head to head yet this season. Does the head to head meetings factor into the seedings at all?

Just curious how it is determined. Thanks.

(Bolded corps are A class eligible)

2pm --- White Sabers

2:17 --- Lakeshoremen

2:34 --- Frontier

2:51 --- Gulf Coast Sound

3:08 --- Chops, Inc.

3:25 --- Fusion Core

3:43 --- Alliance

3:59 --- SoCal Dream

4:41 --- Sunrisers

4:58 --- Govenaires

5:15 --- Music City Legend

5:32 --- Kilties

5:49 --- Crusaders

6:06 --- Hurricanes

6:23 --- Renegades

7:05 --- CorpsVets

7:22 --- Minnesota Brass

7:39 --- Bushwackers

7:56 --- Brigadiers

8:13 --- Caballeros

8:30 --- Empire Statesmen

8:47 --- Buccaneers

I have a question about finals....let's say for sake of argument that the scores and placements end up after prelims in exactly this say order of performance... ie: Bucs have the highest score and White sabers have the lowest score, with everyone else placing in the same order of performance. Does that mean that everyone between Cru and Bucs will be in finals, with Dream, Sun, and Govies going for the A class title?

AND,

let's say for sake of argument that Govies have the best show ever and manage to move up and place between Cru Hurcs - in thisscenario does that mean that Govies push Cru out and are now competing in open class instead of A class, thus meaning that the top three A calss corps are Sun, Dream and Alliance?

oh...and assuming that the top 3 a class corps come in as A class, and not open class, then 3 of the 13 open will not make finals....but 6 of the 9 A class will not make finals.....Ouch....the race to make finals is REALLY tough for the A class corps.

ok, one last question......do they use your last year score if you don't have an august show? I know prelims order detmination has been discussed many times, but every time it's discussed, a dozen people pop up and give information and they all claim to be right and correct, even though they all contradict each other....

So seeing as how, according to DCA's website, SoCal's most rtecent score this year is a 63.25 from July, yet they are going on AFTER 6 ciros that all scored higher than they did in August....since So Cal had no august show, do they use last year's score at DCA instead?

I have a question about finals....let's say for sake of argument that the scores and placements end up after prelims in exactly this say order of performance... ie: Bucs have the highest score and White sabers have the lowest score, with everyone else placing in the same order of performance. Does that mean that everyone between Cru and Bucs will be in finals, with Dream, Sun, and Govies going for the A class title?

AND,

let's say for sake of argument that Govies have the best show ever and manage to move up and place between Cru Hurcs - in thisscenario does that mean that Govies push Cru out and are now competing in open class instead of A class, thus meaning that the top three A calss corps are Sun, Dream and Alliance?

Yes.

ok, one last question......do they use your last year score if you don't have an august show? I know prelims order detmination has been discussed many times, but every time it's discussed, a dozen people pop up and give information and they all claim to be right and correct, even though they all contradict each other....

So seeing as how, according to DCA's website, SoCal's most rtecent score this year is a 63.25 from July, yet they are going on AFTER 6 ciros that all scored higher than they did in August....since So Cal had no august show, do they use last year's score at DCA instead?

Yes.

first off, I'm in Seattle and totally out of the picture... but ... I was told... yadda yadda

seeding was by the highest score of the year in any sanctioned DCA contest... the exception rule places a member corps without a seed score in the "Position" they were in at last year's finals... so this year it takes care of the California corps..

this is an amazing lineup... can't wait...