DCA Preliminaries (Saturday) Corps Order and Discussion

MJH

I for one would like more of a random/draw type format for the prelims performance order,..............that would certainly take all the "slotting" talk out of the equation, and create a scenario where the order of prelims, followed by the order for finals, and then the final outcome to be a bit more fun to watch,........................or something,.........

Fantastico.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has DCA ever announced "anything" ... without the subsequent public discussion looking like the transcripts from Congress trying to get a controversial law passed? lol. Too funny.

DCA 2007: Let the Festivities Begin.

no,.........................anywho,...................Can someone define "Seed Score"?,..................and does it have anything to do with the month of August?

no,.........................anywho,...................Can someone define "Seed Score"?,..................and does it have anything to do with the month of August?

Back when I understood it, your "seed" score was the average of your top 2 scores in August. That number was used to "seed" you for prelims. Corps that didn't have / weren't able to get to any August shows could be given an exception for their seeding. They would be seeded based on their placement from the year before. To get the exception, they needed to have been a member of DCA for a set number of years (I can't remember how many). There was also a rule about member corps (the top 10 from the previous year) went on last, preceded by associate corps (not sure how they got that title), preceded by affiliate corps (I'm guessing they must have been the new kids on the block).

Now I think your "seed score" is just your highest DCA score. Period. However, it seems they have left the exception rule in place.

Now I think your "seed score" is just your highest DCA score. Period. However, it seems they have left the exception rule in place.

Okay,....................what is the current exception rule?, and how do you qualify for that?,......................and, does that have anything to do with the month of August?

Doesn't really matter. As long as you have your best show of the year at prelims, judges do their best to put everyone in the right ranking and rating, and the numbers fall where they fall.

Frontier did a 10 point jump in 2 weeks last year with a score lower than we acheived this year. We almost hit box 5 in brass, and the areas where we have been struggling the most this season have really cleaned up since St Paul. Who knows what will happen in Rochester, but all I know is this will be the best performance Frontier has ever put out, regardless what the numbers end up being.

No excuses, just perform

if you go back to the beginning of this tread you will see a link as to order of appearence. THAT'S all that matters. strap on yous shoes and play like hell.

I'm still confused, especially considering the following comment from the Announcements forum:

"As of this past week the Sunnyvale & Modesto Show are now DCA sanctioned. Dream & Renegades have been working behind the scenes to get this done."

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...244&t=96270

Nothing against the California corps, I love SC & 'gades! I certainly thank you all for travelling so far. I just have a headache... but it'll be fine by prelims!

This was done so that we could retain our membership by having DCA sanctioned shows. At the infamous "Vote for Growth" meeting at the beginning of the year, the rules determining eligibility were streamlined to make it easier for regions to hold DCA sanctioned shows. Different from the seeding stuff.

You know, it’s been very interesting going through this season by getting info from friends and the internet. I had to take most of this season off due to back surgery. I thought I would be ready to go by the middle of June, and made a valiant effort, but just couldn’t make it. I missed most of the Cabs Alumni rehearsals and had to pull out of a judging gig. I know that this is going out on the limb because there have been many, many interesting DCA’s, but this one has all the ingredients to be something special. I really haven’t seen many corps this year, really none since Bayonne, so my opinion is based on what I read in the forums and some opinions from some creditable friends, so take it for what’s its worth.

There are many un-knowns this year. How will the corps from the West Coast do? How will the corps from Texas and the rest of DCA South do? What about the Mid-West? From what I understand, there is a GREAT battle just to make finals this year. I wonder what score it’s going to take this year to make finals. Will it be a record breaking score to get in?

You guys that are going to witness this in person are lucky. To the performers, you may be part of a DCA Championship that may never be forgotten. I find it very interesting reading the thread about Cru and Kilties. I know that many of you are former members or fans and this is the way you promote your choice. It’s fun to read.

There are corps that have many years of history behind them, and then you have corps that are just starting out looking to get in. There are corps that have been around for a short time that have proven their talents and looking to move up. The Champion is looking to 3pete.

WOW, it’s going to be terrific and I wish I could be there. My sincere best wishes to all the corps this weekend. It’s going to be tough to see this season come to the end. Did it go by faster than usual, or is it just me?

Have a GREAT TIME everyone, and be SAFE

You know, it’s been very interesting going through this season by getting info from friends and the internet. I had to take most of this season off due to back surgery. I thought I would be ready to go by the middle of June, and made a valiant effort, but just couldn’t make it. I missed most of the Cabs Alumni rehearsals and had to pull out of a judging gig. I know that this is going out on the limb because there have been many, many interesting DCA’s, but this one has all the ingredients to be something special. I really haven’t seen many corps this year, really none since Bayonne, so my opinion is based on what I read in the forums and some opinions from some creditable friends, so take it for what’s its worth.

There are many un-knowns this year. How will the corps from the West Coast do? How will the corps from Texas and the rest of DCA South do? What about the Mid-West? From what I understand, there is a GREAT battle just to make finals this year. I wonder what score it’s going to take this year to make finals. Will it be a record breaking score to get in?

You guys that are going to witness this in person are lucky. To the performers, you may be part of a DCA Championship that may never be forgotten. I find it very interesting reading the thread about Cru and Kilties. I know that many of you are former members or fans and this is the way you promote your choice. It’s fun to read.

There are corps that have many years of history behind them, and then you have corps that are just starting out looking to get in. There are corps that have been around for a short time that have proven their talents and looking to move up. The Champion is looking to 3pete.

WOW, it’s going to be terrific and I wish I could be there. My sincere best wishes to all the corps this weekend. It’s going to be tough to see this season come to the end. Did it go by faster than usual, or is it just me?

Have a GREAT TIME everyone, and be SAFE

you hit the nail on the head. i'm raising hell with some of these people and having fun doing it. the fact is it really dosen't matter to me. i would like to see cru make it cause i marched with them years ago but it really dosen't matter. i wish every one could make it. i just love to pull every ones chain

This was done so that we could retain our membership by having DCA sanctioned shows. At the infamous "Vote for Growth" meeting at the beginning of the year, the rules determining eligibility were streamlined to make it easier for regions to hold DCA sanctioned shows. Different from the seeding stuff.

I discovered during the 105 non-billable hours I spent researching the post you responded to here that someone may have too much time on their hands. That would be me. Have a great weekend! See ya in Rochester!