Rules Congress now in session!

The DCP-I Rules Congress is now in session! Please feel free to begin posting your proposals!! We will take proposals for 1 week, then begin voting on them next Monday!

....looks around and wonders where everyone is..... Oh well, more BBQ for me!

Ooo! Ooo! I'm first!!!

THE HAIKU RULE:

"Corps that choose to use vocal narration will be limited to a one-time use of a 5 syllable / 7 syllable / 5 syllable format. For example...

Athletes of God ride

Criminal horses to Las

Vegas. That's all, folks!

...is acceptable. A full-length recitation of the Complete Works of Shakespeare, Tolstoy, or Ayn Rand, would not be.

Although this proposal may conflict with Johns "administrative" rules I will post it again....well........just because. The way I see it, it would just require the admin (Jeff) to go in after scores have pulled from the database to put in the appropriate penalties. True it's a manual process, and it may not pass, but.................I just want to feel we did something at this meeting, besides gain 20 lbs eating ribs. It was a long flight out here. :P

Proposal: Penalize Late Starters – Once the season has started until the 2nd week a director wishing to join the league will be assessed a .25 penalty for every show they compete in. A director joining the league from the 2nd week through the 4th week will be assessed a .50 penalty. Any director joining the league anytime after the 4th week will be assessed a .75 penalty at every show.

Rationale: Under the old system (1 point per 5 shows) there was a natural penalty for starting the season late. You may not get in all 25 shows therefore missing out on some bonus points, But with the new automated system everyone gets there points regardless of how many shows you do.

Impact on the Activity: I would hope that anyone joining late would understand that you can’t have the same advantages as someone who has been there the whole season. Just seems fair to me. Although there may be some who might not join because they will be penalized, fine then wait until the next season and get in on the ground floor.

Clarification: This would not affect directors who choose to have their 1st show late into the season. By new I mean directors who have NOT submitted a schedule and captions prior to opening night.

Submitted by: Velour Knights

Edited by Ex VK DM

This proposal would be altered if the new "Regionals" or "Focus" show goes one way or the other.

Proposal: Extra bonus point for corps who earn finalist status at a focus show/regional (you only get the bonus point for making finals at 1 regional/focus show—you will not get a bonus point if you continue to make finals at subsequent focus show/regional shows). If you make finals at the first regional, you have an extra bonus point for the remainder of the season, if you make finals for the first time at the second regional, you will then earn your bonus point…and so on. If we go to the 4 regionals format, those corps that make finals at their respective regionals will earn an extra bonus point for the season. Since you pick your schedule before the season starts, you do not know who or where the competition will be at what regional... So no one will be able to pick an "easier" regional.

Rational: This will make competition tougher from all levels. Some may argue that this is “not fair”, but at the same time, corps are generally on a different levels throughout the season. Just because a corps has a lot of bonus points, does not mean they are going to score higher. There were several times this season when I was using 132 points, and was still out scoring corps using 133-134 (and I ranked 7th or higher). This proposal still allows for a large majority to earn that “extra bonus point” (as there is more than just one regional).

*This proposal can be altered or drawn up in a different format if need be, by another director. If you have an idea, by all means propose something else on this theme.

This proposal is no being struck! Do not include it in the polls.

Submitted by: Tri-Color

--------------------------------------------------------

Administration can only field one corps period, and may choose which division they want to field in.

Proposal: Allow Administrators to compete in ONE division, during the off and live seasons. Now this is against the proposal I made last season, but with this new system in place--it would be hard for an administrator to "cheat" and I trust this system to know how secure it is. I am comfortable to say that I feel an administrator should be able to field a maximum of 1 corps in any ONE division of his/her choice. Pick your division wisely, as you will only be able to run one corps, period.

Rational: It can get boring running the stats/scores all season. And Jeff is an old-timer who is a founding member who has been honest and helpful since the inception of this league. Last years proposal to not allow would take away the fun that I know many administrators love the most. Now, they would still be able to share the fun of the game... And it puts another corps in the competitive pool!

Submitted by Tri-Color

Edited by Matthew

The problem with that Matt is the system can't distinguish between corps as far as points are concerned. Everyone (per division) gets the same amount of points at the same time.

Proposal: Increase Finalist for 2/3 If there are fewer than 20 corps either division keep the finalist at 6. 20-30 corps there should be a Top 10 & if there are more than 30 each should have it’s own finals and there should be 12 finalists.

Rationale: With the proposed growth of the league, I think it’s inconceivable to have only 6 finalist in a division of 25, 32, 45 corps. In “real” corps the only reason they are grouped together is because they are judged on the same sheets therefore a clear ranking can occur. Our 2/3 corps are judged on different sheets (105 vs 75 points), therefore have no relation to each other. The way it is now the lower division are actually the TOUGHEST divisions on terms of competitiveness and to make finals

Impact on the Activity: More corps who are in the top of the division make finals. This would be the same as the 22 D1 corps we had this year and Bluecoats not making finals because they were 7th. We had 21 corps in each division this past season we could have had at least a top 10 in each.

Co-Submitted by: VK Too & VK³

The problem with that Matt is the system can't distinguish between corps as far as points are concerned. Everyone (per division) gets the same amount of points at the same time.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the system could handle, or if we could program something. But the more I think about it, that is more to deal with than we need to at this point. I am striking that proposal... I'll keep it on the backburner for future seasons, when things can possible be programmed.

Although this proposal may conflict with Johns "administrative" rules I will post it again....well........just because. The way I see it, it would just require the admin (Jeff) to go in after scores have pulled from the database to put in the appropriate penalties. True it's a manual process, and it may not pass, but.................I just want to feel we did something at this meeting, besides gain 20 lbs eating ribs. It was a long flight out here. :P

Proposal: Penalize Late Starters – Once the season has started until the 2nd week a director wishing to join the league will be assessed a .25 penalty for every show they compete in. A director joining the league from the 2nd week through the 4th week will be assessed a .50 penalty. Any director joining the league anytime after the 4th week will be assessed a .75 penalty at every show.

Rationale: Under the old system (1 point per 5 shows) there was a natural penalty for starting the season late. You may not get in all 25 shows therefore missing out on some bonus points, But with the new automated system everyone gets there points regardless of how many shows you do.

Impact on the Activity: I would hope that anyone joining late would understand that you can’t have the same advantages as someone who has been there the whole season. Just seems fair to me. Although there may be some who might not join because they will be penalized, fine then wait until the next season and get in on the ground floor.

Clarification: This would not affect directors who choose to have their 1st show late into the season. By new I mean directors who have NOT submitted a schedule and captions prior to opening night.

Submitted by: Velour Knights

I dont have a problem with this as far as the admin side goes. Would add maybe 10 seconds to my time for adding the penalties.