Rules Congress now in session!

Administration can only field one corps period, and may choose which division they want to field in.

Proposal: Allow Administrators to compete in ONE division, during the off and live seasons. Now this is against the proposal I made last season, but with this new system in place--it would be hard for an administrator to "cheat" and I trust this system to know how secure it is. I am comfortable to say that I feel an administrator should be able to field a maximum of 1 corps in any ONE division of his/her choice. Pick your division wisely, as you will only be able to run one corps, period.

Rational: It can get boring running the stats/scores all season. And Jeff is an old-timer who is a founding member who has been honest and helpful since the inception of this league. Last years proposal to not allow would take away the fun that I know many administrators love the most. Now, they would still be able to share the fun of the game... And it puts another corps in the competitive pool!

Submitted by Tri-Color

I appreciate it, but I have no problems not running a corps. I think it keeps the integrity of the game. I would never want anything like that to come into question... we are NOT the NBA :P

In the proposal last year, Matt did leave an out for me if I wanted. I could run a corps that competed for Score only... not placement. If I feel like it, I may do that this year. But again, I have no problem not fielding the Tennessee Nipples.

• 2 weeks later...

Condensed Recap

Proposal: Post a condensed recap, instead of posting full caption recaps. Administration will still have the expanded recap, and would be able to give directors their scores upon request (if there was ever a concern that someone didn't get their deserved scores). We would then be able to move to the expanded recap setting the last 2 weeks of the season--by that time, it would be too late for directors to completely overhaul captions as we are limited to the amount we can make. This can be modified to fit any rules that may override this.

Rationale: This will eliminate any chance of copying, and directors will not be able to see what each corps got in each individual caption. However, this will require directors to check accuracy of their scores on nights where there captions ARE NOT generated. As it is now, directors can not copy verbatim, but they can get close enough to learn your next move, and steal your captions if they make the draw before you on the next change. This will also help in keeping directors active, as they will have to play an active role in tabulating their own scores on a given night. There are rarely any issues with tabulation, so I feel a condensed recap would not hurt us, it would definitely make things more competitive.

You can still see how another corps got their score, you will just not see the individual subcaptions which led them to earning that score.

A "Condensed Recap" would include the following:

GE Total (40 points possible)

Music Avg Total (30 points possible)

Visual Avg Total (30 points possible)

Total Score (100 points possible)

Submitted by Tri-Color

So when is the deadline for proposals and when will we vote?

I guess I will take proposals til Wednesday morning. Then Start voting on Wednesday afternoon. There are not many things to vote on right now though.

Well with the league running as well as it is, I wouldn't expect a lot of proposals. There could be a proposal to have the congress just once a year (after the live season).

Well with the league running as well as it is, I wouldn't expect a lot of proposals. There could be a proposal to have the congress just once a year (after the live season).

I agree with that completely