Proposal

JohnD

I'd like to propose that we do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the way the league is run (that would have an impact on our systems). Things seemed to work pretty well this past season and I'd like to keep it that way. The changes in the system that were made this season provide us with a great deal of flexibility - especially in the area of limiting caption changes (captions per change and submissions per interval).

The next major development efforts I'd like to see for DCPI are:

1. Full automation of the 'back end' scoring engine - further reducing the amount of administrative activity required for generating and reporting scores. This is a HUGE effort - given the complexity of things and the dynamics of the league.

2. Online schedule submission and contest management. This will require a sophisticated editor that allows us to manage the number of corps per division per show, minimum and maximum shows per corps, schedule changes, etc. This is another complex task - but necessary if we're going to significantly grow the league.

I'm sure there are other things that are going to pop-up along the way - but those are the two major issues that are on our development plate ... along with a number of SIGNIFICANT changes in-store for DCP and our other sites.

Of course, those rules changes that have NO effect on scoring and contest management are fine ... but please consider the confines (and stability) of our systems as you propose and consider changes.

Thank you for your continuing support.

-john

I'd like to propose that we do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the way the league is run (that would have an impact on our systems). Things seemed to work pretty well this past season and I'd like to keep it that way. The changes in the system that were made this season provide us with a great deal of flexibility - especially in the area of limiting caption changes (captions per change and submissions per interval).

The next major development efforts I'd like to see for DCPI are:

1. Full automation of the 'back end' scoring engine - further reducing the amount of administrative activity required for generating and reporting scores. This is a HUGE effort - given the complexity of things and the dynamics of the league.

2. Online schedule submission and contest management. This will require a sophisticated editor that allows us to manage the number of corps per division per show, minimum and maximum shows per corps, schedule changes, etc. This is another complex task - but necessary if we're going to significantly grow the league.

I'm sure there are other things that are going to pop-up along the way - but those are the two major issues that are on our development plate ... along with a number of SIGNIFICANT changes in-store for DCP and our other sites.

Of course, those rules changes that have NO effect on scoring and contest management are fine ... but please consider the confines (and stability) of our systems as you propose and consider changes.

Thank you for your continuing support.

-john

I liked everything but the captions per change change (2 per change), the interval was fine though (twice per week). I have my reasons for it in reguads to game play and predictability.

I liked everything but the captions per change change (2 per change), the interval was fine though (twice per week). I have my reasons for it in reguads to game play and predictability.

The feature can be set to permit any number between 0 (no changes) and the total number of captions being used (all captions may change) - to provide maximum flexibility. It is up to the Executive Director, guided by the league rules, to use the feature to control the way the league is administered.

Perhaps a 'rule' that should be considered is the schedule for permitted caption changes.

The feature can be set to permit any number between 0 (no changes) and the total number of captions being used (all captions may change) - to provide maximum flexibility. It is up to the Executive Director, guided by the league rules, to use the feature to control the way the league is administered.

Perhaps a 'rule' that should be considered is the schedule for permitted caption changes.

I'm working on that with some other directors, trying to get things hammered instead of a bunch of different Proposals and one kind of passes. I'll start a thread with open discussion and we can put a joint proposal up vs. a bunch of different ones.