Has your opinion ever changed?

My opinions have changed at times, but not because of what anyone on DCP has said, but more because of more experience listening, playing, watching, and teaching leads me to decide on a better alternative.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I thought Bb was a bad idea until the benefits were explained. It turns out that some of those "benefits" were crap, but in the end, the sound hasn't changed noticeably. The importance was in keeping the all-brass concept, and from then on, I thought it was indeed the most important thing to use the best instruments above all.

That's exactly what prompted me to ask this question. When I first heard Bb I thought "No". But, I'm a drummer what do I know. Like you, after hearing the arguments my heart still said "No", but my head said "Give it a chance". Thanks for responding.

Seriously. Have you ever changed your opinion of one of the many "controversial " topics that are discussed on DCP based primarily on someone elses explanation of why they beleive the way they do? Please share.

"Changed Opinion":

No. b**bs

Elphaba

Yes, I think this whole pit thing might just catch on. :P

Seriously. Have you ever changed your opinion of one of the many "controversial " topics that are discussed on DCP based primarily on someone elses explanation of why they beleive the way they do? Please share.

Absolutely ! I Held onto to the "sky is falling" decree when we switched to Bb, not even being a brass player. After the dust settled, explanations given and I heard for myself, I totally changed and buried my opposition for that.

~G~