Caption Changes Committee

CloudHype

Harry,

Did you notify Jeff or I of the issue you had with the system? If so, we could have updated the database manually for you. There was a single person that reported a problem (that I am aware of) and it was handled manually.

People - if you find problems with the automation, you MUST let us know about them ASAP. Without your feedback, we'll never know that there are problems with the system.

If you don't tell us about legitimate problems you're having - we'll never know.

-john

I think I am probably that single person and I know that John and Jeff worked to get it taken care of for me---I was a bit stressed--LOL but no need to be in the end--they resolved it for me...

I was in the middle of a rehearsal weekend and I saw the score briefly then learned of the caption mistake later on when I did the math. Even if I notified anyone there was no chance of changing history. My corps was already done so there was no point to make it urgent.

I think I am probably that single person and I know that John and Jeff worked to get it taken care of for me---I was a bit stressed--LOL but no need to be in the end--they resolved it for me...

Funny, I thought I was the single person :P When I couldn't make my changes when I got home from Semis then again in the morning I sent Jeff a PM with the changes that I wanted to make and he got it done (BIG THANKS :doh: ).

I was also wondering if that problem got corrected. I was beyond 30 hours and still couldn't make a change.

Funny, I thought I was the single person :P When I couldn't make my changes when I got home from Semis then again in the morning I sent Jeff a PM with the changes that I wanted to make and he got it done (BIG THANKS :doh: ).

I was also wondering if that problem got corrected. I was beyond 30 hours and still couldn't make a change.

I guess there was a lot of "single person"s because I also had a problem and contacted Jeff and got it taken care of.

I guess there was a lot of "single person"s because I also had a problem and contacted Jeff and got it taken care of.

I dont feel special anymore :( LOL

I'm going to run this buy you guys then make the proposal.

1 changes per week with a max of 3 per day (3 changes for the week) with the bonus point being added every other week. 8 week schedule, that's 24 changes.

Questions, what are going to do as far as the starting value and are we going to add bonus points for finals week... Jeff? When do we want bonus points to be added (the date), before or after the major shows or we can do something like the Thursday of the week?

This rules congress is slow!

I'm gonna propose we up the starting value a couple points. Seems like our scores were a bit too low compared to DCI scores.

Even if we up the starting value, scores are going to be lower than DCI corps. I don't think it matters if our scores are lower than DCI corps though. Because within our league, we still have spreads and what not. The more points you give, the easier the league becomes. I think the 125-130 is a good range. Had they did away with bonus points all together, that would have made things that much more interesting.

With the way the program/league is designed, you have to choose corps from almost every tier. If we wanted to score like DCI, we would have to have almost 150 points, to allow us to use more 20 point (+) corps. And to me, that is just a give me give me--way to make it easy.

I've thought of proposing to have us choose captions for subcaptions (kind like how I do for my pre-season show), but that would get tricky, and more complicated than it needs to be.

Edited by Matthew

Well, I will let you guys decide on the starting points. The way I figure it, there are 2 options.

1. Start with 125 points, get the 5 bonus points throughout the season, then add in the finals week bonus points... would make the finalist corps have 133 max.

2. Start with 130 points, get the 5 bonus points throughout the season, and that is it. Finalist corps would have 135 max.

Now that the finals location has been decided (Toronto) I will start drawing up a preliminary schedule. After that, we can decide when it would be best to add in the bonus points.

I like #2.

The off season is SO different than the live season in regards to the unknown.

Never been a big fan of the off seasons (went inactive season 5 for that reason) because it gives the number crunchers a leg up. Which really is up to them I just don't have the time to do that. So it really doesn't matter how many points we have.

But it's true, the more points we have the easier it is.