Muchachos 1975

Unfortunately, the Troopers library does not include Madison's performance at DATR in 1976. That doesn't mean it wasn't recorded... it is of course possible that the tape exists somewhere.

Well it probably would be painful to watch anyway.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have seen that show, I've heard it was very good. We never got to see anyone in '75 because we were on last.

I believe SCV went on last at '75 Finals. :whistle:

I thought DW was working on 73 shows after the release of DCI 72? Is this not in the works anymore?

Are there any tapes around of 1973? Thought only reason 1972 was released was because they were found in Jim Jones estate.

I believe SCV went on last at '75 Finals. :whistle:

You are correct, and we didn't get to see them either.

I thought DW was working on 73 shows after the release of DCI 72? Is this not in the works anymore?

Yes it is. Those tapes have all been restored too (it's more spotty, though,... we don't have all of finals). What slows everything down is securing the synchronization rights. It takes at least six months, and is very expensive (shows back then had a lot more tunes!). I think Steve had me do the 74-76 set first, because of a big demand from Muchachos alumni.

Yes, and that will probably be the next project. There are some 70 and 71 too.

Thanks, ain't modern technology wonderful!!! Never thought the old vinyl and home movies would ever see the light of day again, let alone be released to the general public.

Not to mention being able to find and buy the stuff via the internet. Hades, I missed some DCA years because the recording company changed and someone lost my mailing address. Now I have recordings that I never knew existed (including some I'm on :devil: ).

s/ Guy who is still playing with his vinyl/cassette to CD burner.... :whistle:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Brian T., can you confirm this? My memory's faded over the years, but I thought SCV did not exercise their right to go on last as the defending champion, and Madison was the last corps on.

I know SCV used this strategy in 1974.

I can answer that one. You can see them lining up behind us during our finals performance on the DVD. They definately went on last in 1975.