Mighty St Joes

cire

Man... they completely blew me away!!! I think they were the best group out there from what I saw.. maybe it was just their age.. or how clean they were (to me at least).. that was some good stuff..

A hell of a lot better than a lot of the other groups I saw..

Oh.. and a tip for future drumlines... having two hot, half naked girls standing there for your performance isn't going to get you any points if you suck and waste everyones time. If you are going to do that.. at least have them make out or something so we aren't completely bored out of our minds from watching you.. Oh.. and please have them bring a boom box or something so we don't have to hear your god awful singing.. man.. I would rather listen to the Cadets or Carolina singing.. that was horrible.

Man... they completely blew me away!!! I think they were the best group out there from what I saw.. maybe it was just their age.. or how clean they were (to me at least).. that was some good stuff..

A hell of a lot better than a lot of the other groups I saw..

Thanks so much from MSJ, I will be sure this gets back to the entire corps. All the corps in the Alumni Spectacular were just that, SPECTACULAR! It was a great day for drum-corps-past. It is such a pleasure to play in front of an appreciative DC crowd and as we finish our show with our in-your-face rendition of Georgia on My Mind it sends such a rush through me I just can't wait to do it again. I wished there was time for a retreat and concerts in the parking lots afterwards. There so much music we don't get to play because of the time constraints on the show.

Thanks again and congratulations to ALL of the corps, both alumni and competitive, for their great performances at DCA this past weekend. And also, hurrah for all of the great entertainment on Friday night at the I&E.

I think he may be referring to GhostRiders since he mentioned I and E's...

I'm not sure who the group was.. but they dressed up like bad 80's rockers and attempted to sing and rock out.. it was pretty..... sad.

Thanks so much from MSJ, I will be sure this gets back to the entire corps. All the corps in the Alumni Spectacular were just that, SPECTACULAR! It was a great day for drum-corps-past. It is such a pleasure to play in front of an appreciative DC crowd and as we finish our show with our in-your-face rendition of Georgia on My Mind it sends such a rush through me I just can't wait to do it again. I wished there was time for a retreat and concerts in the parking lots afterwards. There so much music we don't get to play because of the time constraints on the show.

Thanks again and congratulations to ALL of the corps, both alumni and competitive, for their great performances at DCA this past weekend. And also, hurrah for all of the great entertainment on Friday night at the I&E.

Not a problem. I'm sure you guys made a lot of new fans that night!

After thinking about this post for a while I realized that who you were really referring to was the New York Percussion Departments' presentation of The Mighty St. Joe's Drumline in honor of the late Dick Mercurio. The drum ensemble was made up of former members of MSJ Junior Corps from the '60s. From their flyer distributed at the I&E "his solos were of the highest rudimental order. They were powerful yet lyrical, with a meter and cadence that were equally exciting for the performer as well as the listener". And I must agree, for me, that they were the best of I&E at every level.

Chy NYPD old school :)

Its ok..everyones allowed their opinion.

For me..anything St Joes is AOK!

Dick Mercurio will be well remembered by all who knew him... He was a class act... and one of the best students of the "Bobby Thompson" school of drumming...