DCA I&E Judging...

Maybe the judge was comparing it to last year's bass ensembles still, now THIS is a bass ensemble!

We got a 96 with a 1 point penalty for being two minutes over time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0h6VxUfcc

Yeah man you guys were sick at I&E. I as well missed hearing you guys this last season.

I found all the percussion scores extremely odd to say the least. My group sort of got the opposite reaction from the judges when it was all said and done then we expected going in. I'm not sure what bass ensemble was right in front of us but they sounded great from what little I heard.

Ah well. It's on to '08

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha, Ding Ding yourself!

I was there taking pictures and having a blast! It's a lot more fun when you don't have to march I've now found out. You actually have time to drink! Maybe we'll get the bassline together someyear and we'll just do I&E, now that would be fun.

It was ridiculous. I saw the judges' sheet from one of the snare duets, and the judge made comments about things that they didn't do once in their duet. Disappointing... It's like the guy wasn't seriously paying attention to the performance.

Well the bass ensemble scores were a joke. I think the winning group had a 50 something? The second place group had a 30 something. And finally, my wife and her crew netting a 14? Are you kidding me? I think one could drop their shorts on the street a leave a pile behind and score better than that! What gives?

I agree, as one who has judged all sorts of events over the years. With three groups entered it is not hard to rank and rate the groups without absolutely crushing them, score-wise. Seems silly to me.

The thing is Real drum corps today don't do elevator drills anymore. and before you ask, I've been there and done it all.

The thing is Real drum corps today don't do elevator drills anymore. and before you ask, I've been there and done it all.

Me too. But they don't scurry either.

Well, I've always been in real drum and bugle corps - so I can't say I've ever scurried. Although the last few drills I marched they were pushing for a scurry, but only got real big, quick steps - more like a hurry than a scurry.

Edited by Martybucs

Well, I've always been in real drum and bugle corps - so I can't say I've ever scurried. Although the last few drills I marched they were pushing for a scurry, but only got real big, quick steps - more like a hurry than a scurry.

...with the fringe...on top.

:P

I loved the quote too much not to keep it around. I've never been a big fan of the hurry OR the scurry. For me, trying to scurry is like the 100 yard dash. Except every now and then, one of us falls. Then it's like the 100 yard hurdles. My scurrying days are finished.