Smoke?

G-Rott

Remember when Gary Winkleman got his eye brows frosted off in Sweden?

He wasnt too happy that day LOL.

Donny

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troopers used flagpoles loaded with the stuff one year ... looked awesome, although the whole place smelled like a nursery afterward!

Blue Knights did it in 93 for the Star Trek show in the huge flags in the closer. It was nice.

I saw Prelims and I really liked how the fire extinguisher effect worked for Empire Statesmen. It was neat.

I was just being funny and paying homage to Vince. Statesmen like to use the "smoke" and I believe the rule is "non-marching members can do that" So what is the big deal? Is it because someone else beside ES used the fire extinguishers? Are we really stretching for something to complain about? Gee!

If that was directed to me I wasn't complaining at all and I didn't mean to upset you. I am new fan to the senior /all age circuit and I didn't quite understand what you were saying. I just wanted clarification.

We used smoke on the stage a while back during "Requiem for an Era" and at one show it got away from us and engulfed the whole stage. When the smoke cleared, the first 10 rows or so of the auditorium had emptied out. They must have thought the stage was on fire. It was rather unpleasant trying to play in a room full of heavy smoke. But, the evacuees did come back once they realized there was no fire. There were jokes all night about how the Yankee Rebels tried to burn down the school.

I was just being funny and paying homage to Vince. Statesmen like to use the "smoke" and I believe the rule is "non-marching members can do that" So what is the big deal? Is it because someone else beside ES used the fire extinguishers? Are we really stretching for something to complain about? Gee!

wow, so much for being able to ask a question anymore. :laugh:

the OP was: "Quick question...I noticed a couple corps had people shooting "smoke" from fire extinguishers during their performances at finals. Does DCA allow special effects by non-performing members?"

so, what is the big deal?

way to get all RAMD on the OP for asking a simple question. :ramd:

the answer is: yes, dca allows it.

and both ES and cru used it to nice effect this year.

cheers!

:mmm:

As long as they hit their dots!

:P

Regarding the smokers by your horn arc, drummers don't like it either.

What's even worse? When the offending smoker is on your own staff and you've talked to the person repeatedly about it... But I digress.

Quick question...I noticed a couple corps had people shooting "smoke" from fire extinguishers during their performances at finals. Does DCA allow special effects by non-performing members?

speaking of special effects, I remember one year the Cabs had colored lights inside the bass drums actuated by a trigger, each time the drum was struck, the light came on,............some time in the 80's i think

If that was directed to me I wasn't complaining at all and I didn't mean to upset you. I am new fan to the senior /all age circuit and I didn't quite understand what you were saying. I just wanted clarification.

LOL NO NO, not directed at anyone and was not upset at all. Ya gotta know me! Hehehehe.