Condensed Recap Vote

CincinnatiGloryMello

Vote  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favor of this proposal?

• Yar
    • Nar

Reminder: You MUST post your vote for it to count!!!

Condensed Recap

Proposal: Post a condensed recap, instead of posting full caption recaps. Administration will still have the expanded recap, and would be able to give directors their scores upon request (if there was ever a concern that someone didn't get their deserved scores). We would then be able to move to the expanded recap setting the last 2 weeks of the season--by that time, it would be too late for directors to completely overhaul captions as we are limited to the amount we can make. This can be modified to fit any rules that may override this.

Rationale: This will eliminate any chance of copying, and directors will not be able to see what each corps got in each individual caption. However, this will require directors to check accuracy of their scores on nights where there captions ARE NOT generated. As it is now, directors can not copy verbatim, but they can get close enough to learn your next move, and steal your captions if they make the draw before you on the next change. This will also help in keeping directors active, as they will have to play an active role in tabulating their own scores on a given night. There are rarely any issues with tabulation, so I feel a condensed recap would not hurt us, it would definitely make things more competitive.

You can still see how another corps got their score, you will just not see the individual subcaptions which led them to earning that score.

A "Condensed Recap" would include the following:

GE Total (40 points possible)

Music Avg Total (30 points possible)

Visual Avg Total (30 points possible)

Total Score (100 points possible)

Submitted by Tri-Color

YAR

Yes is not an option... its either Yar or Nar :P

Nar

I don't really care, I just like to be different

Shar, why not.

Thats how we roll in Memphis. :P

Yar, but i thought the appropiate response for Memphis would be "aYeah shawty".