Drum Corps Camp weekends

Netty

Can any of the drum corps out there give me any Ideas about where you usually conduct your camp weekends and an average price you pay to rent the facilities you use?

Thank you, very much appreicated for any direction that can be given.

For teh Sr corps I;m starting up, camps will most likely be at Kennedy HS in Granada Hills, CA...and probably no site rental, since my co-founder is the band director there!

Lucky me!

Can any of the drum corps out there give me any Ideas about where you usually conduct your camp weekends and an average price you pay to rent the facilities you use?

Thank you, very much appreicated for any direction that can be given.

Glassmen winter camp's are held in Oak Shade Ohio . Take the Ohio turnpike to the Wauseon exit go north until it dead end's into U.S. 20 turn left and go about 1/4 mile and you'll see the school on the left hand side with a big sign that say's GLASSMEN REHEARSAL SITE . The first camp usually is on Thanksgiving weekend and why do you want to know how much we pay for our facilities and any other corps for that matter .

• 3 weeks later...
Glassmen winter camp's are held in Oak Shade Ohio . Take the Ohio turnpike to the Wauseon exit go north until it dead end's into U.S. 20 turn left and go about 1/4 mile and you'll see the school on the left hand side with a big sign that say's GLASSMEN REHEARSAL SITE . The first camp usually is on Thanksgiving weekend and why do you want to know how much we pay for our facilities and any other corps for that matter .

Um, because he probably wants to get an idea of how much it would cost to do it himself. Chill out dude

• 4 weeks later...

I was only wondering becasue all the facilites I have contacted seem to be very high priced and I was wondering if they are actually in the ball park thats is the only reason I questioned what fees are being charged to other corps in the north eastern area .

I was only wondering becasue all the facilites I have contacted seem to be very high priced and I was wondering if they are actually in the ball park thats is the only reason I questioned what fees are being charged to other corps in the north eastern area .

Just a suggestion: Do not limit your search to just schools. There are alot of churches, private companies, warehouse facilities, etc., that may have the room you are looking for that may be alot more reasonable. As long as you carry liability insurance, many will consider your request.

• 2 months later...

If you are a member of a Church, American Legion, VFW you may be able to get the use of the site for free or a modest gift donation. I think High Mountain Brass actually started or at least used someones Garage for a while.

Around here, anyone can just jump on school grounds on the weekend and use fields out side. If you are claiming to be an orgainized group then they want you to have a one million dollar insurance policy.

Churches are what platinum was using for rehearsals, and that's bad because they all want massive amounts of money for what it's worth

Churches are what platinum was using for rehearsals, and that's bad because they all want massive amounts of money for what it's worth

??? Prairie Sound just used the fellowship hall at my church (it's a little bigger than a basketball court) this past weekend and it was FREE! Of course, it probably helps that I am the Webmaster for our church's website, the euphonium player in the church band, and I run the soundboard for the 9:30 worship service!