Anyone need a Timpanist/Front Ensemble Member?

I am extremely interested in becoming a member of your drum and bugle corps. I am twenty one years old. I am interested in the front ensemble and marching in parades. I hope to travel to an upcoming rehearsal and audition to be considered for a marching position. I am willing to travel anywhere. I will be extremely dedicated

and commited. I have toured five years with various drum and bugle corps.

Court of Honor from Atlanta, GA as timpanist

Blue Saints from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada timpanist/hornline

Parriah Percussion Theatre Jasper, GA timpanist

Edmonton Struttes 2005 Timpanist/Hornline for parades

Pipe band Experience:

Student Atlanta Pipe Band snare drum

student Edmonton and District snare drum

student Vancouver pipe band bagpipes

full performing member, the Heather and Thistle Pipes and Drums tenor drum/bagpipes

I am a proud member of Bugles Across America.

Reference: Thomas Day tomjday@sbcglobal.net 

I practice more than two hours a day. I am willing to work

hard and go above and beyond expectations. I strive for perfection everyday and accept nothing less of myself each time I commit a tune to memory. Even

though I am visually impaired, I believe not having sight allows me to completely focuss on the task set before me. What ever I have to do to be in your

corps, whether it be in Canada or US, I will be on the next greyhound or plane as soon as I am allowed to audition. After passing the audition, I will make arrangements to stay with a local host family or other housing.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at ahighlandpiper@ gmail.com. I hope to hear from any interested drum corps staff

soon. Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gasparilla in Tampa, FL...no need to look further. Oh and the beach at St. Petersburg is pretty nice too!

I am extremely interested in becoming a member of your drum and bugle corps. I am twenty one years old. I am interested in the front ensemble and marching in parades. I hope to travel to an upcoming rehearsal and audition to be considered for a marching position. I am willing to travel anywhere. I will be extremely dedicated

and commited. I have toured five years with various drum and bugle corps.

Court of Honor from Atlanta, GA as timpanist

Blue Saints from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada timpanist/hornline

Parriah Percussion Theatre Jasper, GA timpanist

Edmonton Struttes 2005 Timpanist/Hornline for parades

Pipe band Experience:

Student Atlanta Pipe Band snare drum

student Edmonton and District snare drum

student Vancouver pipe band bagpipes

full performing member, the Heather and Thistle Pipes and Drums tenor drum/bagpipes

I am a proud member of Bugles Across America.

Reference: Thomas Day tomjday@sbcglobal.net 

I practice more than two hours a day. I am willing to work

hard and go above and beyond expectations. I strive for perfection everyday and accept nothing less of myself each time I commit a tune to memory. Even

though I am visually impaired, I believe not having sight allows me to completely focuss on the task set before me. What ever I have to do to be in your

corps, whether it be in Canada or US, I will be on the next greyhound or plane as soon as I am allowed to audition. After passing the audition, I will make arrangements to stay with a local host family or other housing.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at ahighlandpiper@ gmail.com. I hope to hear from any interested drum corps staff

soon. Thanks!

You should consider returning to CorpsVets. I'm guessing you're still in the Atlanta area. A lot of things have changed since you were with the corps. The quality of drum instruction was through the roof compared to when you were there. I think this year's drum book was the best the corps has ever seen, too. You can look forward to it being even better next year. Shane Hicks played tympani in 2007, but he said he wants to play something else next year.

CorpsVets open house is November 18th. Come and check it out!

With that kind of attitude you should be able to go wherever you want. Pick a corps that you like their music and the drive is bearable and I'm sure you'll fall in love!

There are 3 very talented groups in Minnesota! Who ever you choose, one thing to remember: Have fun!

Edited by contraphanatic

If you're still in Ontario, LakeShoremen is right across the tunnel or the bridge. We are based in Troy Michigan but rehearse in several locations throughout the metro Detroit Area. Not only are we looking for experienced pit percussionists and timpanists .... we're begging :) I love the attitude that you possess toward your talents. You sound like a fine individual and we would love to invite you to be a part of the LSM Family.

Just to tell you Alexandria (or Allie as I knew you), every drum corps in the United States would probably love to have you. I marched with you back at Court of Honor and I remember you being there all the time trying to do better every time you sat at the timpani.