YEA! / USSBA to assist Corps with Recruitment

ussba

This fall, the USSBA and its volunteer program, FEST (Fall Events Staff Team), are offering an unique opportunity for All Drum Corps, Indoor Guards & Percussion groups and Alumni Corps to recruit at some of the top Marching Band shows on the East Coast!

The USSBA is looking for volunteers to help at a number Band Shows this fall. If your corps or organization would love to spend a day in the cool crisp fall air and send volunteers to shows, you will be able to recruit some of the top musicians and performers in your area. The concept is simple, your group sends 8-10 people to an assigned show, and you will assist the USSBA team during the band show. You will be Selling Programs, T-Shirts, Candy Grams and helping the USSBA throughout the show. Now the recruitment part, your group will also be able to set up a dedicated recruiting area and speak with potential new members all day. Think of the possibilities and exposure!

We have already contacted corps on the east coast. The Raiders, Caballeros, Bushwakers, Fusion Core, Hurricanes, East Coast Jazz and Skyliners, who are all very excited about being involved with the USSBA this fall.

Would you like your organization to be part of this great opportunity and be part of the USSBA volunteer team? If so, send an email to matt@yea.org and we’ll help you work out all the details!

This fall, the USSBA and its volunteer program, FEST (Fall Events Staff Team), are offering an unique opportunity for All Drum Corps, Indoor Guards & Percussion groups and Alumni Corps to recruit at some of the top Marching Band shows on the East Coast!

The USSBA is looking for volunteers to help at a number Band Shows this fall. If your corps or organization would love to spend a day in the cool crisp fall air and send volunteers to shows, you will be able to recruit some of the top musicians and performers in your area. The concept is simple, your group sends 8-10 people to an assigned show, and you will assist the USSBA team during the band show. You will be Selling Programs, T-Shirts, Candy Grams and helping the USSBA throughout the show. Now the recruitment part, your group will also be able to set up a dedicated recruiting area and speak with potential new members all day. Think of the possibilities and exposure!

We have already contacted corps on the east coast. The Raiders, Caballeros, Bushwakers, Fusion Core, Hurricanes, East Coast Jazz and Skyliners, who are all very excited about being involved with the USSBA this fall.

Would you like your organization to be part of this great opportunity and be part of the USSBA volunteer team? If so, send an email to matt@yea.org and we’ll help you work out all the details!

Finally!

Watch this thread die a quick death.

Good job, Hop!

Unreal....Everyone Cries and Whines around here about not getting help and here is a chance for your corps to grow. Any corps that is involved with this is already a winner. You NEVER know what lead or opportunity you'll find unless you go out and take a chance. I hope we get an update on who is committed to doing this and where they will be recruiting. Imagine a corps recruiting in the backyard of another corps because they didn't want to do this. Then in the Spring when people are begging for members, maybe they'll think about what they passed up in the fall.

I think this is a great idea!

Good idea..... seems like it would be a win-win for both the corps that advantage of the offer, and for USSBA.

Fran

Unreal....Everyone Cries and Whines around here about not getting help and here is a chance for your corps to grow. Any corps that is involved with this is already a winner. You NEVER know what lead or opportunity you'll find unless you go out and take a chance. I hope we get an update on who is committed to doing this and where they will be recruiting. Imagine a corps recruiting in the backyard of another corps because they didn't want to do this. Then in the Spring when people are begging for members, maybe they'll think about what they passed up in the fall.

I think this is a great idea!

I agree. . .completely. My point was that seeing as this reflects a positive light on Hopkins not many will respond. . .too much bitterness and hate going around instead.

. . .and I was right.

I agree. . .completely. My point was that seeing as this reflects a positive light on Hopkins not many will respond. . .too much bitterness and hate going around instead.

. . .and I was right.

As predicted correctly by TX, a few days later it hits page 2. I would think every corps in NY/NJ/CT and PA would jump on board with this, just to do it one time to see if it was worth it or not.

Then maybe you should have your board settings adjusted since it was always on page 1 for me.

As predicted correctly by TX, a few days later it hits page 2. I would think every corps in NY/NJ/CT and PA would jump on board with this, just to do it one time to see if it was worth it or not.

They might not have responded here but I know of a few that have been in touch with the Ussba person in charge of this.. I know that they are happy that Ussb is letting them into the shows.. One hand helping another it is good to see. Can only help Drum Corps all around in the future. Maybe Yea/Ussba since they have plenty of Members in Cadets that have marched All age and then go to Their corps is seeing that all Age can be A "Training Ground" for DCI and a place for a DCI age out to continue their love For Drum Corps. Hopkins was at Finals again this year. I believe he went to a practice or two Guess he is seeing what everyone else is. So I like this it is something rather than nothing.

They might not have responded here but I know of a few that have been in touch with the Ussba person in charge of this.. I know that they are happy that Ussb is letting them into the shows.. One hand helping another it is good to see. Can only help Drum Corps all around in the future. Maybe Yea/Ussba since they have plenty of Members in Cadets that have marched All age and then go to Their corps is seeing that all Age can be A "Training Ground" for DCI and a place for a DCI age out to continue their love For Drum Corps. Hopkins was at Finals again this year. I believe he went to a practice or two Guess he is seeing what everyone else is. So I like this it is something rather than nothing.

The Raiders have been helping USSBA at their shows and recruiting for ourselves the last 4 off seasons. Its a win-win situation for all organizations!