Bushwackers 2008 Front Ensemble Arranger

The Bushwackers are excited to announce that Chris Rivera will be the Front Ensemble arranger for the 2008 season.

Chris attended Western Connecticut State University until 2002 majoring in percussion and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education. During his time at WCSU he was a member of the Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, and Percussion Ensemble, as well as serving as musical director for several productions. In 2005, Chris earned a Master of Arts in Music degree (in Music Theory) from the University of Connecticut where he served as a graduate assistant teaching honors music theory. He has performed with groups/artists such as Dave Samuels, Arthur Lipner, Janis Potter, Gordon Stout, Nebojsa Zivkovic, Leigh Howard Stevens, and the New Haven Symphony.

Chris is currently teaching at Trumbull High School (Trumbull, CT) where he serves as percussion caption head, coordinator, as well as the wind and percussion arranger. This past season, the THS Percussion Ensemble achieved 8th place in the marching open class at WGI finals in Dayton Ohio. And, in addition to winning the MAC open class championship, Trumbull High school has won the best percussion award (marching band) for last 2 years in a row.

Chris uses Vic Firth sticks and mallets exclusively as an endorsed member of the Vic Firth education team.

We welcome Chris Rivera to the Bushwacker family and look forward to showcasing his work in front of DCA audiences this summer.

Stay tuned to www.bushwackers.org for more exciting announcements from The Bushwackers!! If you're interested in marching, checking it out, or even just getting some more information...please fill out a membership form at http://www.bushwackers.org/member/ or email us by clicking here.

Congratulations to both the Bushwackers AND Chris Rivera. Chris is an OUTSTANDING choice. I worked with him at the Hurricanes in 2000 and he came in once or twice over the past few years. He truly knows his stuff! I'm sure the Bush front ensemble will continue to flourish under his tutelage.

I wish all the best to Chris and to the members of the Bushwackers!

Joe,

The value of an endorsement depends on credibility of the endorser.

If anybody knows what is good for the Bushwacker Front Ensemble, it is you.

Chris will do a fine job of filling a really big pair of shoes and running really fast and far in them. Taking a very good ensemble to another level won’t be easy, and I’m really glad you believe that he’s an outstanding choice, because you know what you are talking about.

Like you, I'm sure the Bush front ensemble will continue to flourish. Please stay in touch and watch your garden grow.

Jeff Schrimmer

• 2 weeks later...