Caption supervisor vs. Caption head

Several corps have added caption supervisors to their staff, what is the difference? What does a caption supervisor do that a caption head does not? I know what a caption head does, but was is the role of a caption supervisor?

It's different for each corps. Sometimes the supervisor serves as a consultant. Sometimes they can't make the full commitment for the season so when they are there they become the top dog. Sometimes it's political, some one who is behind the scenes. Sometimes it's some one who is stepping down and grooming some one else to be in charge. Someone to over see design or to be the guy that comes in from time to time to be a fresh set of ears. It's whatever they want to be. Or visa versa. The supervisor could be the everyday guy runnning the show and the caption head could be the name its not always clear cut.

Several corps have added caption supervisors to their staff, what is the difference? What does a caption supervisor do that a caption head does not? I know what a caption head does, but was is the role of a caption supervisor?

Caption supervisors supervise. Caption heads are heads. :whistle:

Beyond that, I think it's another way to make the activity more expensive to the members and corps.

Edited by hughesmr

In some instances it is one of at least EVERYTHING that has been mentioned in the posts preceding mine. What has failed to be mentioned though is that in some instances...the two terms are completely synonymous and mean the exact same thing. I.e. in some corps, "Caption Superviser" is just another way of wording "Caption Head". One and the same. Just like how Carolina Crown calls their staff "Faculty" instead of "Staff". There is no difference in the two terms. Just a different wording. BUT...every corps is different and in some cases, "Caption Superviser" means something different. It all depends on the corps. I don't think these terms have a universal definition.

Edited by dsb2007

In some instances it is one of at least EVERYTHING that has been mentioned in the posts preceding mine. What has failed to be mentioned though is that in some instances...the two terms are completely synonymous and mean the exact same thing. I.e. in some corps, "Caption Superviser" is just another way of wording "Caption Head". One and the same. Just like how Carolina Crown calls their staff "Faculty" instead of "Staff". There is no difference in the two terms. Just a different wording. BUT...every corps is different and in some cases, "Caption Superviser" means something different. It all depends on the corps. I don't think these terms have a universal definition.

In Crown, Caption supervisor is synonomous with caption head.