How much higher can fees go?

Annual Registration Fee ----- $90

November Experience Camp -----$90 / covers lodging, food etc.

December Camp -----$90 / covers lodging, food etc.

January Camp -----$90 / covers lodging, food etc.

February Camp -----$90 / covers lodging, food etc.

March - May Camps are covered by tuition fee

Uniform fee -----$50

Instrument/Equipment fee -----$50

Spring Training -----$399 ($359 early bird)* / covers all expenses including lodging and food

Tuition -----$1850 ($1665 early bird)* / covers all expenses including travel with corps, lodging and food

Total Cost -----$2799 ($2574 if early bird for both spring training and tuition)*

Total cost for Veterans -----$2709 ($2484 if early bird for both spring training and tuition)*

Veteran costs are less as they are not required to attend the November Experience Camp

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2800? That's OBSCENE!

Eastern Music Festival

Tuition & Fees

2007 fees

Tuition $1880

Health Services & Activity Fee $150

Security Deposit (refundable) $90

Cleaning Fee $10

Private Lessons $200

Quaker Card Fee $15

Room & Board $1950

http://www.easternmusicfestival.org/admissions.php

The Brevard Music Center is $4500 for the 2007 summer session. The single fee includes:

tuition

room and board for 6 1/2 to 8 weeks, depending on program

private lesson fee

practice room fee

on-campus health services

admission to all Festival events (more than 80 events in the full session

http://www.brevardmusic.org/study/index.php

So yeah, drum corps' pretty cheap considering they feed you 4 times a day, etc etc etc.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

The cost is high, no doubt, but it's a bargain compared to many other summer educational activities such as private summer schools or private summer camps. It's a bargain when you consider how much you learn about moving and playing an instrument or working equipment, and even more important than that, how much you learn about yourself and about life.

The true cost is even higher, if you're traveling to camps. The downside to the high cost is that it can make more of a wealthy kid's game than an equal opportunity activity, as it was several decades ago. Top corps have scholarships to help defray costs.

2800???? WOW! No wonder people are asking for sponserships all the time. Its been 11 years since I paid corp fees, but that is just... WOW! My first year of Scouts (1992) I paid $500. <-period There weren't camp fees and as far as lodging went the Front Line would crash in our instructors living room in Madison, and many members that lived in the area would lodge the out of towners. For food we paid for ourselves. Furthermore for each year you marched you got $50 dollars knocked off of your fees. Ended up paying $250 in corp fees my age out year (1996). Obviously gas prices were considerably lower back then, but $2800 is just insane.

You guys are making me feel old. When I started it was $2 a week. :P