How much higher can fees go?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ almighty.

I payed less than half of that to march, 2006.

Yikes! From 1976 through 1978 our fees were $100. We did lots of parades and exhibitions to defray costs of touring. Of course, we ate nothing but tunafish, bologna, and peanut butter. We had no weekly dues that I remember, no camp fees. I was never asked to humiliate myself by holding a can while in uniform or to sell candy door to door. Pretty good deal now that I look back on it. (In the early years, 27th's members sold eggs door to door. In Revere!

Eggs!)

Reveries on the other hand constantly had us fund-raising, which is kind of funny, because we were sponsored by a Catholic church.

wow, thats insane.

i mean, im glad they havent folded or anything, and i do hope they find 135/150 members that are willing to pay that, but thats a relatively ridiculous amount of money.

Thats about right. My son is coming up on his third year and he gets $100.00 each year but it has gone up $100.00 each year so it's a wash!

Plus camp fees are going up due to rising housing costs at schools..such is life, he better get scholarships for college or I might have to kill him after this plus $1000 to 1300 H.S. marching band dues per year

Thats about right. My son is coming up on his third year and he gets $100.00 each year but it has gone up $100.00 each year so it's a wash!

Plus camp fees are going up due to rising housing costs at schools..such is life, he better get scholarships for college or I might have to kill him after this plus $1000 to 1300 H.S. marching band dues per year

Oops...Didn't know the kid was logged in so posted as him above

Oops...Didn't know the kid was logged in so posted as him above

You guys have $1000 in dues for high school band?

Now that is ridiculous.

The annual fee in my first jr. corps was $13.00. That's twenty-five cents a week. Of course that was a l o n g time ago. :P