How much higher can fees go?

I wonder if they are so expensive because of their break from YEA

Nah, that's pretty much what I paid this year... at least I think. I honestly don't remember what camp fees were, but I know "tuition" (tour fees) were the same. And we had the same (or a similar) spring training fee.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just imagine trying to have to come up with that when I was in a corps. I applaud you as that can't at all be easy..even more so those that are students and barely getting by as it is. What's a real bummer from this is those that are rather talented and should be a part of a group.can't because of the financial aspect which truely does suck..and kinda sad.

Edited by Zeke

There's going to be a Wine and Cheese Party at the next Allentown

Well, since you mentioned wine...

man alive.. i wish i could have a summer of unforgettable, irreplaceable experiences (to last me a lifetime) for the low cost of $2799!

and wow, if i could go anywhere at all and have food and a place to sleep for $90 bucks a weekend, I'd do it in a flash.

Come to think of it, it costs more to stay home for a weekend.

You guys have $1000 in dues for high school band?

Now that is ridiculous.

We're "told" that it's absolutely vital.

Question anything in a band booster meeting, and you are instantly the Super-Duper Pariah of the Universe, though. Oh, well.

There are some really awesome people in band booster clubs, and others... ehhh. I run three drum corps shows, and they are the reason I have a deep-seated aversion to the use of two-way radios. I hate those things [teeth grating just thinking about them] they make people go nuts. And lanyards. Don't get me started on lanyards and ginormous I.D.'s. Ugh. :whistle:

Back to the topic-- what if a kid wants to do high school marching band, and either indoor drumline/winterguard, and drum corps? Mom & Dad can get a condo on the Gulf Coast for that much.

Based on what Crown has posted, their fees this next year will be around $2300-2400 minus $100 per year for the vets. That includes all the camp fees etc. Lucky for me I live 45 minutes from Ft. Mill so my travel costs will be nil. :)

Edited by AQFlamDrag

Plus camp fees are going up due to rising housing costs at schools..such is life, he better get scholarships for college or I might have to kill him after this plus $1000 to 1300 H.S. marching band dues per year

And aren't they doing their summer rehearsals at a college, which would jump the costs up even more?

man alive.. i wish i could have a summer of unforgettable, irreplaceable experiences (to last me a lifetime) for the low cost of $2799!

and wow, if i could go anywhere at all and have food and a place to sleep for $90 bucks a weekend, I'd do it in a flash.

Come to think of it, it costs more to stay home for a weekend.

Please, I'm begging you...come to my home and tell my parents that.

Seriously.

Please, I'm begging you...come to my home and tell my parents that.

Seriously.

Seriously - you should tell your parents to do the math. A teenager at home for several weekends in the spring and home all summer long costs a LOT more than 3 grand. I know it must be a tough bill for them to swallow (assuming they're footing the bill) but that's because it's all at once, or nearly so. Would they rather you sat in your room playing video games or 'hanging out' in front of the t.v.?

Put it in perspective for them. Ask them where on earth they could go for a weekend and get 3+ meals a day, lodging, music lessons, clean drug-free fun, chaperones, insurance, transportation, and utilize team-work as well as self-discipline skills.... for $90 bucks? How are they going to keep you so active that at the end of a summer's day, you fall exhausted into bed from striving to be the best person you can be (and striving for that not only for yourself, but your fellow coprs-mates?)? How much is that worth to them?

Frankly, I have no idea how corps do it on so little except to subsidize with bingo and fund-raisers and I'd be willing to bet, those activities go a long way toward allaying the fee's you're required to pay.