TAMA Marching Percussion?

danielray

"DOH" :lookaround:

The snare unit patent looks much like the old Rogers Dyna-Sonic snare guard to me. Everyone trying to reinvent the wheel...don't you think ! :ph34r:

Yup, looks like the two pieces perpendicular to the main frome are adjustable to provide more control over the tension of the snares against the resonant head. Eliminates the popular tape strips of the past 20 years. This could be cool, I loved the Dynas, played them in'66-69 Albion Grenadiers.

Yup, looks like the two pieces perpendicular to the main frome are adjustable to provide more control over the tension of the snares against the resonant head. Eliminates the popular tape strips of the past 20 years. This could be cool, I loved the Dynas, played them in'66-69 Albion Grenadiers.

My basement shop should be the envy of any vintage marching snare collector just now, as I have 8 or 9 vintage 12x15 Dynasonics sitting down there that will be getting restored this winter in preparation for next year's Classic Cavaliers line. ^0^

• Like 1

Found another that was just issued only a couple of weeks ago.

Patent number: 7265287

Filing date: March 23, 2005

Issue date: September 4, 2007

Inventor: Masahiro Shimada

Assignee: Hoshino Gakki Mfg. Co., Ltd.

Interesting...

Ya know...the way the tubes are supported at the bottom of the drum...looks an awful lot like Premier !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

That snare cage (for lack of better term) looks just like the old Rogers Dynasonic.

Those were some killer snare drums!

I have a 1979 "Big R" COB Dynasonic on my kit. Best sounding snare I've ever heard. I'd love to nab an old marching Dynasonic for my collection.

• Like 1