Slim pickings for DCA corps in the South......

I guess you haven't really looked at their website. WGM seems to be vehemently anti-drum corps. The founding members actually started the organization as some sort of "anti-marching in the summer" activity.

No, I don't think World Gone Mad is anti drum corrps. If you look at their site, they helped out Crossmen with uniform alteration and Gatoraid.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey buddy ole pal, check my member number. I've been around for awhile. I've just had to much fun ####### people off on RAMD to spend much time posting here, but I've been luking in the shadows.............................................

Plus, my Georgie the ###### ### poster thread that ran George off RAMD ( or at least one of the reasons ) makes me keep a low profile here.

As an aggorant ##### that I am, I get in way too many "debates" ( cough cough ) to be on a censored site as this.

Back when George first started DCP, I made it my duty to find the way around his rules and censorship such as putting a dash between letters so I could say #-#-#-#-#-#-# if I wanted to just to #-#-#-# him off.

See, I'm still the OTHER Mike ^0^

MikeD: Edited filter circumvention

DANG it, censored again....................took ya awhile though !

seems like old times . . .

^0^

Good discussion. Thanks for all the responses everybody. (Even the ones from you Yankees)

BTW, I didn't know there was a corps based out of Baton Rouge called Maquerade. I have both current and ex-LSU drumline friends in BR and nobody has said anything about a Corps there......

GEAUX TIGERS.....#1 in ALL the college football polls........

Actually Masquerade is based out of Dallas, TX. as a faction of The Frontier Performing Arts Association but they operate out of Ruston, LA.

http://maskdrum.org/index.php?option=com_f...ge&Itemid=1

There is tons of all age Corps activity within the South just not apparent as in Louisiana, and Mississippi. Mississippi has/had the Jackson Generals all age Corps, and I think there is a WGI line operating out of the Gulf Coast area of Mississippi. Pertaining to the southern region of Louisiana like 'The Other Mike' stated the majority of the natives are still rebuilding from the gov. failed levee system which resulted in the massive flooding after hurricane Katrina so Drum and Bugle Corps activity has been limited to just a few Mardi Gras parades in NOLA via the Greater New Orleans Drum and Bugle Corps Association (GNODCA). http://www.gnodca.org

I was a member of GNODCA before Hurricane Katrina as we had at least 40 members, but the hurricane dispersed most of our membership throughout States but Synergy is still successfully competing in WGI.

Drum Corps activity offered in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge area (that I know of): GNODCA, Fat City Drum Corps (not a legitimate drum corps but just some rudimental players meeting a few times out of the yr. just to drum and perform small functions like Mardi Gras balls, Mardi Gras parades, etc..), Synergy (WGI line which is a faction of GNODCA).

Actually Masquerade is based out of Dallas, TX. as a faction of The Frontier Performing Arts Association but they operate out of Ruston, LA.

http://maskdrum.org/index.php?option=com_f...ge&Itemid=1

There is tons of all age Corps activity within the South just not apparent as in Louisiana, and Mississippi. Mississippi has/had the Jackson Generals all age Corps, and I think there is a WGI line operating out of the Gulf Coast area of Mississippi. Pertaining to the southern region of Louisiana like 'The Other Mike' stated the majority of the natives are still rebuilding from the gov. failed levee system which resulted in the massive flooding after hurricane Katrina so Drum and Bugle Corps activity has been limited to just a few Mardi Gras parades in NOLA via the Greater New Orleans Drum and Bugle Corps Association (GNODCA). http://www.gnodca.org

I was a member of GNODCA before Hurricane Katrina as we had at least 40 members, but the hurricane dispersed most of our membership throughout States but Synergy is still successfully competing in WGI.

Drum Corps activity offered in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge area (that I know of): GNODCA, Fat City Drum Corps (not a legitimate drum corps but just some rudimental players meeting a few times out of the yr. just to drum and perform small functions like Mardi Gras balls, Mardi Gras parades, etc..), Synergy (WGI line which is a faction of GNODCA).

I guess I will put my two cents in. since i run the thing.

Masquerade is BASED in Ruston, LA. We are affiliated with FPAA in Dallas, TX for non-profit reasons, and quite frankly cuz they are swell folks and they let us be.

The non-Louisiana residents seem to think the state is ONLY Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Funny. I used to think that til i moved here.

We have open house on November 25 at 1:30; So that is plenty of time for any LSU folks to get un-hungover from whatever game, and drive up for open house and be back.

We had a small and exceptionally talented group last year.

We plan to field a battery and field show this year. The numbers will dictate competitve status.

So anyone in our neighborhood wanna jump on, look us up.

g

Wasn't Slim Pickens the guy that rode the H bomb in " Dr. Strangelove"

bradley-clock-talking-strangelove.jpg

JM

I'm not sure if someone has already said it but don't forget about CAROLINA GOLD.

Lane...welcome to DCA.

Donny

I'm not sure if someone has already said it but don't forget about CAROLINA GOLD.

I don't know about diring the recent comeback for the 2008 season, but in the past the management of Carolina Gold has considered themselves to not be a part of DCA South, and have not come to or participated in Southern shows in GA or FL.

It would be fan-freaking-tastic if CG was on board for a DCA South membership, though. I always loved competing with you guys all over the south and beyond.