Bushwackers 2008 Percussion Caption Head/Arranger

Enthusiasm about the 2008 Bushwackers season rose to new heights when Bushwackers Percussion Caption Head Bob Cizmarik was named Percussion Arranger and Percussion Caption Head for the 2008 season.

In Bob Cizmarik’s first season as Bushwackers Percussion Caption Head, the 2007 Bushwackers percussion section was largely made up of people who had never played together, and Bob’s teaching and mentoring resulted in a cohesive unit that performed well and enjoyed the experience enough to be excited to come back in 2008. Bob Cizmarik is a gifted writer, and giving him the responsibility of writing the parts will insure that the quality of writing will be at the same high level of quality as Bob’s teaching and mentoring.

After aging out with the Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corps in 1999, Bob went back to Ohio, this time on percussion staff for the Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps. He has since been involved with various junior and all-age drumcorps, high school, college, and independent outdoor and indoor percussion groups.

Bob Cizmarik is currently Director of Percussion for the highly ranked and nationally respected Upper Darby High School Marching Band and Indoor Drumline in Drexel Hill, PA.

Now that “senior corps” has transformed itself into “all-age corps”, writers and instructors need to be equally talented at working with young people and seasoned veterans. Bob Cizmarik is one of those unique guys who have proved that this can be done, and The Bushwackers are awfully happy that he’s part of our family.

The Bushwackers Open House and first rehearsal of the new season will be on November 24. Please set that date aside if you are interested in marching a spot in a Bob Cizmarik drumline.

Stay tuned to www.bushwackers.org for more exciting announcements from The Bushwackers!! If you're interested in marching, checking it out, or even just getting some more information, please fill out a membership form at http://www.bushwackers.org/member/

Edited by alexnielsen

Bob Ciz,

Congrats on a very successful 2007.

You are awesome, and I'm glad you will be back in 2008.

And, I'm also glad that you will be writing your own notes in 2008, because I think that will allow you to push the Bush drumline to higher levels.

You rock, and I think this will be a fun summer for Bush Percussion members and fans.

Jeff