New York Skyliners welcome James Riley

The New York Skyliners are proud to welcome James Riley as Brass Caption Head for the 2008 season. James Riley is an active adjudicator and clinician for the USSBA, MAC, East Coast Judges Guild, Drum Corps Associates, and was the youngest examiner ever to be appointed to the Royal College of Examiners.

His marching experience includes the New York Skyliners and Star of Indiana. He has worked as program designer, music and marching clinician, and consultant for several area high schools and drum corps. He has also served as Manager, Coordinator, and Auditions Chair for both the Bergen County Music Educators and North Jersey Area Band.

Mr. Riley resides in Pompton Plains with his wife Kristin and son Liam, and is currently the Department Chair, Director of Bands, Musical Director, and varsity golf coach for Pequannock Township High School. He holds Bachelor of Music, Magna c u m Laude, from the Hartt School of Music; Master of Music from SUNY Purchase; Artist Diploma from the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto; and a Master of Administration and Supervision from Montclair State University. Mr. Riley noted, “I cannot wait to bring the New York Skyliners' name back into the upper echelons of DCA competition. The concept behind the Skyliners’ 2008 "The Awakening” show is an inspiration because we have an opportunity for a whole new approach this season.“

Anyone interested in meeting Mr. Riley and becoming part of the 2008 “awakening” of the New York Skyliners, join us at the Skyliners’ Membership Day - October 14th, from 10:00 am to 3:00 .m. at the Dover American Legion Post #27 in Dover, New Jersey.

For additional information, go to: http://www.nyskyliners.org or email Harry Eldridge, Sr. at director@nyskyliners.org

The New York Skyliners are proud to welcome James Riley as Brass Caption Head for the 2008 season. James Riley is an active adjudicator and clinician for the USSBA, MAC, East Coast Judges Guild, Drum Corps Associates, and was the youngest examiner ever to be appointed to the Royal College of Examiners.

His marching experience includes the New York Skyliners and Star of Indiana. He has worked as program designer, music and marching clinician, and consultant for several area high schools and drum corps. He has also served as Manager, Coordinator, and Auditions Chair for both the Bergen County Music Educators and North Jersey Area Band.

Mr. Riley resides in Pompton Plains with his wife Kristin and son Liam, and is currently the Department Chair, Director of Bands, Musical Director, and varsity golf coach for Pequannock Township High School. He holds Bachelor of Music, Magna c u m Laude, from the Hartt School of Music; Master of Music from SUNY Purchase; Artist Diploma from the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto; and a Master of Administration and Supervision from Montclair State University. Mr. Riley noted, “I cannot wait to bring the New York Skyliners' name back into the upper echelons of DCA competition. The concept behind the Skyliners’ 2008 "The Awakening” show is an inspiration because we have an opportunity for a whole new approach this season.“

Anyone interested in meeting Mr. Riley and becoming part of the 2008 “awakening” of the New York Skyliners, join us at the Skyliners’ Membership Day - October 14th, from 10:00 am to 3:00 .m. at the Dover American Legion Post #27 in Dover, New Jersey.

For additional information, go to: http://www.nyskyliners.org or email Harry Eldridge, Sr. at director@nyskyliners.org

Good luck this weekend...

Dang folks...we old schoolers haveta deal with so much of the bando junk...

IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK FOR THE WORLD FAMOUS NY SKYLINERS TO BE BACK ON THE FIELD??

:doh::doh::doh:

Edited by GuyW

What exactly does that mean? The Skyliners seem to be back in full swing and I see nothing bando about them...

Well, come one and all to Dover to check out Sky FIRSTHAND! Don't be mislead by hear say bull crap. Get the facts straight from the bells of the G BUGLES!!! SOCK IT IN GARBARINA!!!!

What exactly does that mean? The Skyliners seem to be back in full swing and I see nothing bando about them...

OK, perhaps inartfully worded.

I would never expect bando stuff from the Skyliners.

I just am expressing my desire to see them succeed and excell on the field.