Most Exciting show you have ever seen?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the SINGLE most exciting show you have ever seen?

The corps?

The year?

Why?

Alot of people have listed so many corps that have performed through the years...but I'm going to go with IMHO the greatest corps in the history of our activity....Phantom 1989 at finals!!!! and yes I'm still trying to figure out what happened.

Edited by Bucbari

Why don't we go back to pre DCI!

Boston Crusaders 1967, I believe they went 31 and 2 that year. Great show, and introduce Anthony Smith on the double bass, which changed the sound of drum corps.

SKEK in 1963 with the great sound of Voice of the Guns off the line.

1964 Troopers who surprised everyone with the "sunburst" at the World Open. Invited back at night to put on an exhibition at the finals at Hedges Stadium in Bridgeport, Conn.

1970 Boston Crusaders at the tail end of the season when they put it all together at the VFW at Miami!!!

Racine Kilties in 1964 as they floated across Mun. Stad in Cleveland to land the VFW.

The great Royal Airs in 1965 who won the CYO, VFW, and AL What a horn line and did not use Contra Bass, but what a sound!!!

Chicago in 1961 to go undefeated. The foundation of drum corps to build on for future years.

Maybe someone else from the pre DCI years could name some more of the great corps.

CODI

Didn't see this post when I put in my two cents about a great show! Still agree about the Royal Airs and all the great corps at the VFW Nationals that year - now, if this topic was called The Most Exciting Corps You Have Ever Seen because that's how most are responding to this Topic, well then I've got to go with Casper (yes, back in the day all corps used their place names, too!) Troopers - I saw the burst (sun, star whatever!) at the World's Fair Show and it was stunning!

And, since we're not talking about shows but individual performances, if you never saw a Contra Bass section attack an American Flag section or a knife fight in which somebody dies you didn't witness the birth of drum corps as we know it today.

Puppet

The most exciting show for me had to be the 1976 Blue Devils. Arguably the one show that ushered in the start of the modern era.

1979 Crossmen in exhibition before finals. They went out with something to prove.

Garry in Vegas

77 Bridgemen - DCI East.

Beat 'em the next day. Just sayin...........

Kidding, they were awesome in '77

The old football stadium in Philly, where the Eagles played before the Vet, was called JFK stadium. It was also the default venue for the American leg of Live Aid in 1985.

Eagles played at Franklin Field before the VET was built. Army Navy game was always at JFK.

I remember Franklin Field, 1975 Kilties playing Carmina Burana and this whole line of tympani playing while the corps played that chilling song. Just gave myself goosebumps.